Secret Service Rushes Stage to Protect Donald Trump at Ohio Rally

Secret Service Rushes Stage to Protect Donald Trump at Ohio Rally

by Hallie Jackson, Elizabeth Chuck and Ali Vitali NBC News

A Donald Trump rally took a dramatic turn Saturday when a disturbance broke out behind him — causing Secret Service agents to jump on stage and form a wall around the candidate amid the commotion.

A campaign spokeswoman said that a man at the Dayton, Ohio, event “attempted to breach the secure buffer and was removed rapidly and professionally.”

The suspect was identified as Thomas Dimassimo, 32, and was charged with disorderly conduct and inducing panic — both misdemeanors, Chief Mike Etter of the Dayton Airport Police Department told NBC News.

Dimassimo jumped the bike racks and tried to climb onto the stage, but was stopped by Secret Service stationed there, Etter said. He was being held at the Montgomery County jail in Dayton…

You Tube: Attempted attack on Donald Trump at Dayton Ohio March 12, 2016

Mike

I pray for God to protect Donald Trump and all the other presidential candidates.

“USSS did an excellent job stopping the maniac running to the stage. He has ties to ISIS. Should be in jail!” Trump Tweeted on Saturday

Tom DiMassimo, the 22-year-old protester who leaped out of the crowd at Saturday’s Donald Trump rally in Dayton, Ohio, was featured in a pro-ISIS video reportedly uploaded to YouTube in May 2015.

The video, captured by LiveLeak before it was reportedly removed from DiMassimo’s site today, features the activist in a U.S. flag-desecration protest on the Wright University campus in Dayton and is dubbed with Arabic chanting. DiMassimo and another man placed U.S. flags on the ground and stood on them

mobile.wnd.com/2016/03/trump-ohio-attacker-featured-in-isis-propaganda-videos/?cat_orig=politics

liveleak.com/view?i=303_1457816724

infowars.com/soros-funded-moveon-org-takes-credit-for-violence-in-chicago/

mobile.wnd.com/2016/03/security-scare-at-trump-rally-in-ohio/

humanevents.com/2011/04/02/top-10-reasons-george-soros-is-dangerous/

In case you haven’t noticed the drama isn’t about Trump. Its about free-speech and your rights.

First they came for the hyperbolic and at times profane Trump, then they came for those in the pulpit preaching moral and religious Truth, then they came for their congregations, then…

I saw the video. Absolutely despicable behaviour from the protestor. I heard on Fox News that last year this same protestor dragged an American flag and stood on it at a anti racism rally - and that was used in an ISIS video, although the protestor is not associated with ISIS himself.

Thank you for sharing that, it was disturbing on many levels to watch.

On the one hand that a member of the crowd tried to run up and attack trump like that (Which I believe security dealt with very well, good on them and thankfully no one was hurt) and on the other hand, the sheer hatred that some of the trump supporters in the crowd were yelling out.

“For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

We trump supporters were supposed to just stand there meekly and smile and pray for the attacker. Yeah right.

I was there at the rally. There were thousands of supporters there. I didn’t even hear what you were referring to in the midst of all that commotion. Everybody was simply upset that our rally was disrupted in such an egregious way and concerned about the safety there. You might have one or two persons shouting something revengeful, but heh! Is that worse than a protester flipping the bird at the crowd?

We trump supporters were supposed to just stand there meekly and smile and pray for the attacker. Yeah right.

:confused: Of course while free speech is beat out of them, its the Democratic way? Why whatever do you mean??? :confused: :confused:

I was answering this quote from Josh:

"the sheer hatred that some of the trump supporters in the crowd were yelling out. "

Maybe one or two trump supporters shouted something vengeful after the attacker hopped over the barrier trying to reach Trump.

My point is, can you blame them? Trump supporters are expected to remain calm and do nothing and say nothing if a protester flips the bird at the crowd, but when someone actually does something violent trying to attack Trump, his supporters can’t even express their emotion. By shouting their emotions they are labeled haters.

No trump supporters are not haters. We just wanted to enjoy our rally. We didn’t ask for the attacker to disrupt us.

The left is attempting to suppress free speech, really all there is to it. :shrug: Goes to show you what they really believe and its certainly not about our rights. Its not a incident at a rally caused the Democrats to riot and suppress free speech. Thats nonsense. I hear they are sending out memos for the next riot.

I think a distinction should be made between a premeditated attack and shock, fear, anger and profanity expressed thereat. The former being more disturbing than the jolted weak human nature shown in the latter.

Mike :wink:

You said it very well, Mike. :thumbsup:

Hey, I know how it is, I have temper to deal with myself.

:o

Well, that is what God has told us to do. . .

But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

He also said, be sly like a fox.

The media is “creating the conditions in which it would be totally “understandable” if there were an attempt on Trump’s life. Seriously.”

1/Make #Trump enemy
2/Make him Hitler (last wk)
3/Blame for violence (this wk)
4/Make him look vulnerable (2day)
5/Someone tries to kill

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/13/what-that-trump-security-moment-does-to-a-campaign/

You are probably thinking of this verse below. I remember no verses about ‘been sly like a fox’ that are attributed to Christ but if anyone can remember one and I am mistaken if they could point out the verse I would be grateful:-

Matthew 10:16 (King James Version)

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

You are right. I should have checked my source but the meaning is the same. Thank you.

Not really, does Donald live up to both tenets that Christ sets forth? Donald is on my TV shouting about ‘bad, bad people’ and I hear some of his supporters talking about the ‘next time we see that boy we might have to kill him’, and ‘get back to Africa’. Lovely talk. It’s demagoguery and noise, rabble-rousing where ‘sound and fury signifying nothing’ replace reason or rational thinking.

You are conflating what trump said and what one of his followers said.

Do any of us fully live up to Jesus standards? Not me. I could be meeker at times and wiser at other times.

i find it quite harsh to expect trump supporters to be meek like a lamb when a protester disrupts the rally and in this case tries to attack trump.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.