Secular Franciscan Order

I am discerning ways in which to deepen my faith and my involvement within the Church. I ran across information on the Secular Franciscan Order the other day, and sent off an e-mail, but haven’t heard anything back. Is anybody on here involved? Can you provide insight as to what being part of this order entails? I have great admiration for St. Francis and his unselfish care for the poor, and I would like to learn a bit more.

Thanks,
Jeremy

It took the local fraternity of the OFS a while to contact me, so don’t worry. Give it some more time, and if you still don’t hear anything, just e-mail 'em again.

Jeremy,

Try 1-800-FRANCIS. They are really good (or were) in getting you in touch with fraternities. :slight_smile:

Not sure exactly what you are asking for. The Secular Franciscan Order is a fully approved Franciscan Order. It was one of the three Orders founded by St. Francis of Assisi himself. It is for people that are “secular” and wish to follow the ideals of St. Francis.

The Rule, Constitution and US statutes can be found on the following page:
nafra-sfo.org

Also links to your local fraternity and region. If your local fraternity does not contact you within say a week I would contact the local regional person.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

There is also a “Franciscan Spirituality” social group on Catholic Answers with an entire thread on SFO/OFS questions and another thread where Brother JR posts about SFO have been archived.

There are also several thread within the “normal” forums, just search on SFO or OFS.

Pax et bonum,
Jim

Jim . . .I appreciate the detail and this helps. I’ve read about it on-line and reached out via e-mail so will just give it a couple of days. I’m new to the web-site here so your additional pointers about the threads available is great and I’ll check them out.

Just the info I was looking for - thank you!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.