Secular Priest & Order Priest?

What’s the different between the Secular and Order Priest?
Do we apply at the church parish?

This is kinda off topic, but I don’t want to make too much new thread;
I’m sorry if my question makes me look like an ignorant person, as I have never enter the church, RCIA and be baptised because of my current situation. I have been told to study Catholicism in private and be baptised but the person disappeared.
I also cannot contact my local parish by e-mail, instead I get e-mails from the Muslims.
Am I considered a refugee? If so, where can I get sanctuary?

I am 19 y/o and debt free.
And also, I am kinda in a scared state so please pray for me.

:blessyou:

[quote="akka, post:1, topic:296638"]
What's the different between the Secular and Order Priest?
Do we apply at the church parish?

[/quote]

A religious priest is a member of religious order that is ordained. They answer first and foremost to their Order.

A secular priest is an ordained priest that is not a member of a religious order. Most diocesan priests are secular priests. They usually answer first and foremost to their Bishop.

To mix things up a little it is also possible for a diocesan priest to join a secular order like the Secular Franciscan Order.

Not totally sure about what you mean "Do we apply at the church parish?" If you mean how do you apply to be a priest. To become a religious priest, first you apply to the religious Order. The Order has to agree that you are called to the Order. If the Order also agrees that you are called to be a priest they will let you start the formation process for both being a member of the Order and a priest. It is possible that they will admit you to the Order and not let you become a priest. To start the process consult the formation director for the Order. If you want to be a secular priest you should consult the formation director for your diocese.

[quote="akka, post:1, topic:296638"]
I also cannot contact my local parish by e-mail, instead I get e-mails from the Muslims.
Am I considered a refugee? If so, where can I get sanctuary?

[/quote]

I doubt you would be able to get sanctuary in the USA at this point, even assuming that you could physically get here. The current administration is not friendly to Christianity and it is bending over backward to seem sympathetic to Muslims.

If you are in Malaysia, maybe you could find sanctuary in Singapore, Australia or the Philippines... but I don't know anything about the policies of those countries. It would also depend on your situation - do you have the money to travel, what languages do you speak, etc.

I will be praying for you.

Thank you for the answer.

They have somewhat make me successfully take the high school national exam TWICE, I can’t imagine taking my degree twice the supposed year. My car can’t start in the morning during the final semester exam, I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or something. And now moving to nearer college fearing the transport problem gonna “strategicly” haunting me. I drove in front of a church and a person in motorcycle chase me to hit my car window/side-mirror by fist while yelling “woi” all the chase before I dash in the federal highway.

Financially I have that of a student’s and the language I speak is English and Malay Language.

Religious priests are members of religious institutes. They can be an order or congregation.

Orders make solemn vows, congregations make perpetual simple vows.

Secular priests may be diocesan priests under the local bishop but they may also be a member of a society of apostolic life.

Those in a society make promises as do diocesan priests but they follow their religious superior rather than a bishop.

They may have a perpetual promise of poverty or may not.

It can get really confusing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.