Security Brief: Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park'

CNN:

Security Brief: Radical Islamic Web site takes on ‘South Park’

The radical Islamic Web site Revolutionmuslim.com is going after the creators of the TV cartoon series “South Park” after an episode last week included an image of the Prophet Mohammed in disguise.
Revolutionmuslim.com, based in New York, was the subject of a CNN investigation last year for its radical rhetoric supporting “jihad” against the West and praising al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. Its organizers insist they act within the law and seek to protect Islam.

On Sunday, Revolutionmuslim.com posted an entry that included a warning to South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone that they risk violent retribution **– **after the 200th episode last week included a satirical discussion about whether an image of the prophet could be shown. In the end, he is portrayed disguised in a bear suit.

The posting on Revolutionmuslim.com says: “We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”
Theo van Gogh was a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered by an Islamic extremist in 2004 after making a short documentary on violence against women in some Islamic societies. The posting on Revolutionmuslim.com features a graphic photograph of Van Gogh with his throat cut and a dagger in his chest.

The entry on Revolutionmuslim.com goes on to advise readers:
“You can contact them [the makers of South Park], or pay Comedy Central or their own company a visit at these addresses …” before listing Comedy Central’s New York address, and the Los Angeles, California, address of Parker and Sloane’s production company.

Ah, the religion of peace!

[quote="didymus, post:1, topic:195526"]
Ah, the religion of peace!

[/quote]

That's not fair, these are extremists. I'm sure Christian extremists are the same way en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism With all the scandals surrounding the Church it should go without saying that the actions of a few do not completely define the whole.

Although I am not fan of SP´s toilet jokes which belong in, well, toilet, these news are disgusting and horrible. :mad:

Yep,we Catholics and non-Catholic Christians regularly fly screaming planeloads of people into office towers.We regularly behead people on the internet by SAWING their heads off.Moral equivalency thy name is atheism.When South Park did a nasty take on Catholicism,the Pope,and the Virgin Mary we declared a Crusade against them and their days are numbered.We are gathering the troops now and will have a glorious auto de fe to roast those Infidels and send them screaming to Hell.:rolleyes:

Seriously, you spent time to write this? Maybe you don’t see the irony in generalizing Muslims as terrorists when catholic officials are being labeled as pedophiles, but I hope you can see it soon.

You got me. Obviously you are much more moral than myself because you say so and your religion reminds you how moral you are. So, why are you so angry all the time brother? Almost every other post I see from you is venom. I have a friend I need to introduce you to, his name is Jesus, and he can’t wait to see you :thumbsup:

so they didn’t take offense to the Super Best Friends episode?

No. That happened 72 days before 9/11, when people still tried to pretend that Islamofascist terrorists weren’t a significant threat to people in developed nations - while pretending the horrors visited by the Islamofascists in the developing world didn’t exist / didn’t matter / was someone else’s problem.

They took offense, but too many people had their heads in the sand for it to be considered “news,” like it is today.

• Marty Lund

If anything Stone and Parker do what they do very well. I can't defend their mockery of religion (the episode also features Buddha doing a line of coke as a commentary how it's OK to do that but not even show Muhammad) and I'm not sure why they feel the need to; maybe it's just a psychosis or for publicity, but their non-religious episodes are their best written (for toilet humor, as someone said).

Let's continue to pray that they focus their social satire for something more useful. Their episode on Facebook demonstrates that they are capable for such.

Should not we be spending our prayers and concerns on those victims..worldwide..who are being raped..murdered..displaced and otherwise persecuted by the "teeny..tiny..itsy..bitsy..minority" of muslims.:(

[quote="lynx, post:2, topic:195526"]
That's not fair, these are extremists. I'm sure Christian extremists are the same way en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism With all the scandals surrounding the Church it should go without saying that the actions of a few do not completely define the whole.

[/quote]

Oh yea, that's right. It was a cabal of right wing Christian terrorists and Jews that blew up the Twin towers, and murder Van Gogh, and beheaded David Pearl, and rioted in the streets killing nuns because the pope made a speech, and planted bombs in their shoes on planes and rioted over cartoons and murder Bobby Kennedy and were set Parisian cars on firs for months and months and are leading insurgencies in the Philippines and Thailand and are bombing young people in nightclubs in Indonesia and are making rulings against Christians using the word Allah in Malaysia and are stoning women for being raped in Iran and and and...

Good for you though for condemning the homosexual agenda that has harmed so many both inside and outside the Catholic Church, as I am sure that we all do.
enough of this acceptance of men having sex with young teenagers.

[quote="pismopal, post:9, topic:195526"]
Should not we be spending our prayers and concerns on those victims..worldwide..who are being raped..murdered..displaced and otherwise persecuted by the "teeny..tiny..itsy..bitsy..minority" of muslims.:(

[/quote]

We are to pray for all of our brothers and sisters in Christ, who are all created in God's image, not just for those we sympathize.

Is there an Islamic majority country anywhere in the world that would tolerate South Park?

Islamists have the ear of shakers and movers in the United Nations to institute some sort of blasphemy laws globally.

Suffice it to say that the Religion of Peace anywhere and everywhere does not tolerate that randy, ‘irreverent’ brand of humor that the atheists and secularists have brought into our own culture.

Not that the atheists and secularist of the left care all that much. enemy number one for the left is Christianity and the Catholic Church. They never miss an opportunity to smear the credibility of Church with the sex scandal. Apparently they find that was is common for the rest of the society is as intolerable for those within the Church as all of us Catholics do.

Too bad there was no consistency here in their position. It is not about protecting the victims of homosexual pederasts. It is only about sticking it to the church.

You’re talking about the acts of a few individuals. Maybe if you actually met and talked to Muslims you would see that all sides see it as problem.

So I see you like to play blame games, tell me how do you feel about the Inquisition mtc.org/inquis.html ? Good times right? But that might not be fair, I mean what have Catholic officials done lately? Oh right the 200 deaf children :frowning: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases Really some damning stuff in there. How about Christian extremists lets see, the murder of doctors now.org/eNews/dec2002/120202kopp.html washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/abortviolence/stories/salvi3.htm blogs.chron.com/believeitornot/2010/02/george_tillers_killer_has_no_r.html and domestic terrorism cbsnews.com/stories/2001/11/09/national/main317573.shtml news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8593975.stm

Seriously, I have a friend I need you meet, his name is Jesus, and he can’t wait to finally meet you :thumbsup:

Nope.

This sounds like a paranoid accusation to me. Any proof?

I work side by side with 2 Muslims and they seem nice to me. they have never once attacked me for my atheism or made threats against me. Maybe in CA we’re more open and friendly than other places. This intense hate you have is completely irrational. You need to grow up and move on. Bigotry is unbecoming.

Maybe if those children weren’t molested this wouldn’t be an issue.

You have completely missed the point I see. You should be on your knees thanking your God that these reporters decided to investigate and expose the horrors within the Church. Without them, these behaviors could still be happening under your nose.

I strongly recommend you listen to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

[quote="lynx, post:13, topic:195526"]
You're talking about the acts of a few individuals. Maybe if you actually met and talked to Muslims you would see that all sides see it as problem.

So I see you like to play blame games, tell me how do you feel about the Inquisition mtc.org/inquis.html ? Good times right? But that might not be fair, I mean what have Catholic officials done lately? Oh right the 200 deaf children :( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases Really some damning stuff in there. How about Christian extremists lets see, the murder of doctors now.org/eNews/dec2002/120202kopp.html washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/abortviolence/stories/salvi3.htm blogs.chron.com/believeitornot/2010/02/george_tillers_killer_has_no_r.html and domestic terrorism cbsnews.com/stories/2001/11/09/national/main317573.shtml news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8593975.stm

Which Inquisition,friend,there were dozens.tThere still is an Inquisitorial Office in the Vatican..
There are none so blind as the wilfully blind.No one here is spreading hatred of Muslims mr/ms Lynx but don't try that old moral equivalency saw here it has been dicredited innumerable times here and elsewhere.You will only succeed in making yourself look foolish.
Have you ever read the Koran?I have.It will make your hair stand on end .Do you know what a Dhimmie is?From Dhimmitude.That will be our fate if Islamic Ideological Imperialism is successful.You as an atheist they will probably hang from a crane like they do homosexual TEENAGERS in Iran.Islam means submission and if they gain the upper hand submit you will or die.At least WE are fellow members(albeit misguided)members of THE BOOK.You they will consider an outright Infidel and will be disposed of post-haste.You remind me of the people Stalin used to laugh at.He called them "useful idiots"(his words not mine)and said that we would sell him the rope he would hang us with.

By the way I have a very good Muslim friend Farouk,who is the most moderate adherant of Islam I have ever met.He is devoutly religious and has been on Haj to Mecca etc.Remember the fooferaw about "the Satanic Verses"and the fatwah (death sentence)placed upon the writer's noggin by the late and unlamented Ayatollal Khoumani?I asked Farouk what he thought and said "of course Salmon Rushdie should be killed and that it was the duty of ANY muslim with the means to do so because he insulted Islam"This from a kind,generous Father of five children with a lovely wife and one of the most gentle men I have ever met.Of course you're going to say I made this up but I swear before God that it is true.Islam is NOT the gentle religion people pretend it is.It is a dangerous and violent ideology.You are very,naiive.

[/quote]

This thread seems to read differently to me.

I see. So that’s what i’ve been doing :rolleyes:

Much like the bible, how the words are interpreted and how the Koran is used today determine the acts of the followers. The bible isn’t exactly the nicest book around hubpages.com/hub/ScaryBible . God has killed hundreds of thousands of people which is just as horrific dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-many-has-god-killed-complete-list.html , and yet Christians don’t take to killing people who think differently than them.

A bit extreme no?

Well, at least they continue to treat me cordially until then.

And look where it got him. Now he’s dead :wink:

It sounds to me like more than anything, you have a fear of Islamic culture. You know much about the religion, but do you know how it is practiced, taught and integrated into multiple societies? Practitioners of Islam in developed progressive countries can have VERY different views of the faith from that of say. . . people in Iran. I encourage you to spend more time with your Muslim brothers and sisters. Much like the stigma of the pedophile priest, Islam has its own terrorist cross to bear.

[quote="Soutane, post:15, topic:195526"]
By the way I have a very good Muslim friend Farouk,who is the most moderate adherant of Islam I have ever met.He is devoutly religious and has been on Haj to Mecca etc.Remember the fooferaw about "the Satanic Verses"and the fatwah (death sentence)placed upon the writer's noggin by the late and unlamented Ayatollal Khoumani?I asked Farouk what he thought and said "of course Salmon Rushdie should be killed and that it was the duty of ANY muslim with the means to do so because he insulted Islam".

[/quote]

I too have seen this from one too many on my university campus and from inter-faith meetings. From what I can tell, there are many that will justify the death, few that will do it themselves. While the Prophet preaches violence, most is viewed as figurative rather than literal.

[quote="Soutane, post:15, topic:195526"]
You are very,naiive.

[/quote]

A difference in opinion is not naivety :p

Your Naiievity is astounding and I cannot take you seriously.I suggest that you review a column of Michael Coren's on Pro-life that I posted in Catholic news.

:p very mature-how old are you, 15?

The fact so many on here can stereotype another religion, with all that is happening in there own living room (and demanding to not be stereotyped for it) is amazing…

It isn't muslims that will kill Southpark. It's tired writing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.