See wedding photos amid damage in war-torn Syria

Newlyweds Nada Merhi, 18, and Hassan Youssef, 27, posed for wedding pictures amid heavily damaged homes in the city of Homs in Syria. Merhi wore a stunning white wedding gown. Youssef, a soldier in Syrian President Bashar Assad’s army, was clothed in a camouflage uniform, according to multiple media outlets.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/02/08/wedding-photos-syria-homs-couple/79997838/

Most newly weds do not imagine having their photo shoot in a war torn country. Still though, I think the pictures came out very nice.

ISIL is trying to scare the good people of the Syria. Well in response many honorable Syrian Christians and Muslims are saying we are not afraid of ISIL, we have God on our side.

a beautiful couple. stunning backgrounds. did they feel safe among these bombed out buildings I wonder or were they chosen for a reason? I loved her wedding dress.

There are a number of these types of stories I have seen, here is an especially poignant one from Yemen:

middleeasteye.net/in-depth/features/what-yemeni-photographers-teach-us-about-war-749052054

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.