See You At The Pole

Today, Wednesday September 21, students from all over the country gather in front of their school at the flag pole for prayer for “See You At the Pole”.
I was wondering what everyone thought of this?
Thanks.

[quote=Love_2B_an_EM]Today, Wednesday September 21, students from all over the country gather in front of their school at the flag pole for prayer for “See You At the Pole”.
I was wondering what everyone thought of this?
Thanks.
[/quote]

I think it is great if everyone is welcome. The “National Day of Prayer” is organized by Evangelical Christians, and non christians are not welcome. I’m not sure what they say about Catholics.

If “see you at the pole” is open to all, then I would support it.

cheddar

[quote=cheddarsox]I think it is great if everyone is welcome. The “National Day of Prayer” is organized by Evangelical Christians, and non christians are not welcome. I’m not sure what they say about Catholics.

If “see you at the pole” is open to all, then I would support it.

cheddar
[/quote]

Ditto!

Considering my Catholic sisters, their catholic friends, their sevent day adventist teacher, my pentacostal girlfriend, and a number of other denominations are attending, im fairly certain it is open to all

I think it’s a great idea and a lot of kids in our community participated, , but I’m just so glad that in our Catholic schools praying at school is not a unique circumstance - I wanted so badly to call our Protestant radio station today (didn’t have my cell) and thank God on the air for the Catholic and other religious schools who pray everyday and throughout the day, and for Catholic schools that includes Mass at least once a week which for us is the ultimate prayer!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.