Seeking a new place to live....Please help

I am thinking about moving from Florida for a while but don't know of good places to live.

If anyone have an idea, please post it for me. thanks.

My ideal place would be: small town, affordable living, near a beautifull Traditional Catholic Church with Traditional Mass, accessible to colleges, jobs available, and so forth.

Thanks everyone.

Check out this article

money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2010/

You can search out churches in places you find intersting!

Northfield, MN. Hands down!

Steph

Hi
Sometimes dreaming leads you off from what you were doing well, like dreaming of an ideal place ....May I respectfully suggest you first figure why you want to move? I'm saying that because I used to feel unsettled and thought i wanted to move when it was in fact not the house or the place but people with problems coming my way, and when they found new places to visit, and when I realised that, I found I protected my peace at home better and am now very cautious to avoid being unsettled by people i can't cope with.
Another thing is that when you move you won't have a ready made set of friendly faces no matter how pretty the town, and what about your means of income? make a list of whys and wheres pluses and minuses perhaps?
Also wherever you decide - do visit the church a few times before you move to appreciate its folk- styles vary
Just a few thoughts but do pray about it too.
kind regards,
sunset

[quote="sunsetshiner, post:4, topic:244613"]
Hi
Sometimes dreaming leads you off from what you were doing well, like dreaming of an ideal place ....May I respectfully suggest you first figure why you want to move? I'm saying that because I used to feel unsettled and thought i wanted to move when it was in fact not the house or the place but people with problems coming my way, and when they found new places to visit, and when I realised that, I found I protected my peace at home better and am now very cautious to avoid being unsettled by people i can't cope with.
Another thing is that when you move you won't have a ready made set of friendly faces no matter how pretty the town, and what about your means of income? make a list of whys and wheres pluses and minuses perhaps?
Also wherever you decide - do visit the church a few times before you move to appreciate its folk- styles vary
Just a few thoughts but do pray about it too.
kind regards,
sunset

[/quote]

Thank you for the advice. I would like to move from a big city to a more settled place with smaller population. I want to be close the Traditional Catholic Church. this is important to me. It is time to change.

[quote="tundramom, post:3, topic:244613"]
Northfield, MN. Hands down!

Steph

[/quote]

why hands down?

[quote="faithfully, post:2, topic:244613"]
Check out this article

money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2010/

You can search out churches in places you find intersting!

[/quote]

thank you but I was looking more from experience of people who actually living in those areas.

If you at least know what area of the country you'd like to live in, could you take a trip and explore some of the towns?

[quote="KCT, post:8, topic:244613"]
If you at least know what area of the country you'd like to live in, could you take a trip and explore some of the towns?

[/quote]

No not really.

[quote="wisdomseeker, post:6, topic:244613"]
why hands down?

[/quote]

Because I live here! ;)

We have two colleges in town, St. Olaf, and Carleton. We are within 40 minutes to both St. Paul and Mpls. We are about 7 miles from the freeway, so not on the corridor. We are within an hour of Rochester, where Mayo clinic is.

Northfield is rich in history. We have a beautifully preserved downtown. Lots of wonderful people here.

Our Parish in town is not traditional, but there are a few within a short drive. "Minnesota Nice" is real. I didn't grow up here, but I don't ever want to leave. We have many many home school families around. There are some great cultural places to visit as well as wonderful restaurants. We have bike trails galore.

Most of all? The Body of Christ is alive and well here!

Steph

[quote="wisdomseeker, post:9, topic:244613"]
No not really.

[/quote]

What part of the country? Any climate or geography speaking to you? Do you need to be near water or mountains, or any other geographic feature? I could make some suggestions but this is such a huge country with so much variation....

However, as far as orthodox Catholic churches, I hear the Diocese of St. Louis is very strong. St. Louis has a lot going for it, and it's not a huge city, plus there are lots of nearby towns within range. Several really good colleges.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.