Seeking an annulment

I married my wife about one year ago in the Church. She recently told me she is a lesbian and only married me to please her family. She has already filed for divorce. Would this qualify for an annulment? She has had a girlfriend during our entire marriage.

I am sorry that you are going through this. I would think so, but you really need to make an appointment with a priest. He is the one that will help you move forward. May God bless you and guide you.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Time is a healer. I took several years to fully get over my divorce.

You have my most sincere sympathy for this situation, we endured something similar in our family and it was completely devastating. The Church understands your situation and the very best move you can make is head to your parish priest for his counsel and comfort. I will pray for you and your family.

I can only speak for how things are handled in the US but…
Yes his would qualify for an annulment…speak to your pastor right away.

Peace
James

You may have a couple of possible grounds for a declaration of nullity. Be sure and obtain proof of the lesbian relationship while you can. The key in a nullity trial is always whether you can provide sufficient proof to overturn the legal presumption of validity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.