Seeking Catholic Military College?

Hello CAF-ers,

My eldest son is heading into Senior year at a local Catholic high school.

He is very much into history, military history and personal fitness and Catholic apologetics.

His says that his ideal college would be Catholic, military and in a warm place!

Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Warmest Regards,
Beethoven

Hello. I do not know any of Catholic military colleges, since military schools are public by nature. Does your son specifically want to be an officer in one of the armed forces? If so, then I would suggest any seriously Catholic school that has an R.O.T.C. program (most universities do).

Thank you! I did not know that about military schools. (I have much to learn.)

Yes, he does wish to be a military officer. :)

Regards,
Beethoven

Franciscan University of Steubenville, my alma mater, has an ROTC program.

[quote="Beethoven, post:3, topic:245634"]
Thank you! I did not know that about military schools. (I have much to learn.)

Yes, he does wish to be a military officer. :)

Regards,
Beethoven

[/quote]

You are welcome. I wish your son good luck.

Texas A&M has an excellent Military Program called the Corps of Cadets. It also has a very active Catholic Student Association.

I went to Texas A&M and was in the Corps of Cadets. It was a great program! And St. Mary’s (the Church right off of Campus) has an amazing student ministry. Texas A&M actually has the largest number of catholic students in the country. I highly reccommend checking the Corps out. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. corps.tamu.edu/ Let me know if you have any questions.

You can also have him go into a military college with a good Neuman Center. Sometimes, they can be even stronger than Catholic Colleges because students really bond over being Catholic while at a Catholic college it can often be taken for granted.

[quote="Trigger06, post:7, topic:245634"]
I went to Texas A&M and was in the Corps of Cadets. It was a great program! And St. Mary's (the Church right off of Campus) has an amazing student ministry. Texas A&M actually has the largest number of catholic students in the country. I highly reccommend checking the Corps out. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. corps.tamu.edu/ Let me know if you have any questions.

[/quote]

And you'll always find other Aggies to back you up. Gig 'em '97

[quote="Trigger06, post:7, topic:245634"]
I went to Texas A&M and was in the Corps of Cadets. It was a great program! And St. Mary's (the Church right off of Campus) has an amazing student ministry. Texas A&M actually has the largest number of catholic students in the country. I highly reccommend checking the Corps out. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. corps.tamu.edu/ Let me know if you have any questions.

[/quote]

I know at least one Texas bishop who refers to A&M as "Texas' Largest Catholic College." :)

Lots of vocations to the priesthood and religious life have been coming out of A&M in recent years -- more info can be foud at marysaggies.blogspot.com/.

[quote="SKWill, post:10, topic:245634"]
I know at least one Texas bishop who refers to A&M as "Texas' Largest Catholic College." :)

Lots of vocations to the priesthood and religious life have been coming out of A&M in recent years -- more info can be foud at marysaggies.blogspot.com/.

[/quote]

That could be a good problem for the OP. Some of the students that started as cadets ended up becoming priests.

[quote="SKWill, post:10, topic:245634"]

[/quote]

it is my second choice recommend after Steubenville for our teens

we host the Aggies for their mission trip down here every year

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.