Seeking direction / focus / motivation

I have lost all motivation and enthusiasm for life. I feel that I have no purpose and that no one would really care (or even notice) if I died. I don’t have a problem with death, and heaven and all that, what I have trouble with is living. My child’s father died years ago. No one who is Catholic loves me enough to ask me to marry them. Guys just want to sleep with no commitment… I don’t want that… So I am alone. I go to church and there are several hundred women. No men, except married men and men who are much older. I feel very out of place, and very unneeded, used and unappreciated.
I would be so happy to be married, I feel that would give me a life, a reason to cook better, and an enthusiasm to do all kinds of things.
I know, that’s the wrong attitude… but that’s where I’m at.

Please help me to move beyond this funky stuck place where I am at. Help me to move forward and get back my enthusiasm. Help me to figure out what it is that I am supposed to be doing, and give me the help, motivation, energy, & will to do… whatever it is that I’m supposed to be doing.

God has been very good to me, and has given me tons of talents… help me to figure out how to use them for your good… and give me the energy and focus needed to enable me to use them. Amen

Stay strong, GenosFutureWife. Just keep praying, I know it’s tough, and there are times when I feel just like you do for the same reasons you list (Only involving a lack of women), but things will get better, they always do. :slight_smile:

You may want to pray to St. Raphael for his intercession in finding a spouse. :slight_smile:

Talents are a good thing. Whatever they are, try to put them to good use. I can’t respond much to that since I don’t know what they are. :smiley: I know sometimes it can be hard to put them to use when you feel like this, but using them in a positive way just a bit I find can make you feel much better. :slight_smile:

I will be praying for you. :slight_smile:

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

I want you to know that I’m praying for you. Pray to Our Lady…She understands loneliness.

God Bless you!

Praying fervently! :gopray:

You are without doubt a strong woman. A woman does not need a man to survive, although a loving husband would sure help. Don’t fall into the trap of every outing being a husband hunt. It makes you look needy. Men are attracted to interesting women who smile and laugh. Good men are attracted to good women. Go out for a happy time and if you are lucky and meet a nice man take it slowly. Men scare easily. Enjoy your interests and hobbies. Get involved in helping others, you would be surprised at how attractive that little charity is. Also say a prayer to Our Lady, she helped the silly bridegroom at Cana; so she will undoubtedly help you find a good man. But happiness or interior peace does not come from someone else; it comes from inside you in a solid relationship with God. Sparkle and you will shine in comparison to the the dreary drab things out there tarting their wares in the clubs.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Amen.

Very true…Why is that??? I know, I have scared numerous away… especially the ones I like. I know, I often come on too strong. I just don’t want to waste time with someone who things won’t work out with… but if I went slowly, then maybe he would decide on his own to… quit smoking, or give up the pit bull… whatever the problem is.

Get involved in helping others, you would be surprised at how attractive that little charity is.

I have a hard time reaching out, because I feel like I am so swamped, never able to get my own place in order…

Thank you all for the prayers & thoughts.

Heavenly father, I am your humble servant,
I come before you today in need of hope.
There are times when I fell helpless,
There are times when I feel weak.
I pray for hope.
I need hope for a better future.
I need hope for a better life.
I need hope for love and kindness.
Some say that the sky is at it’s
darkest just before the light.
I pray that this is true, for all seems dark.
I need your light, Lord, in every way.
I pray to be filled with your light from
head to toe. To bask in your glory.
To know that all is right in the world,
as you have planned, and as you want
it to be.
Help me to walk in your light, and live
my life in faith and glory.
In your name I pray,

Amen.

Sounds like you live in Alaska…lol… If you move down south, it’s hard to find rock on which to build a house, but there are plenty of women!

I’m starting small - knitting some legwarmers for my grandbaby - sooo cute! :heart:

by Petaro: happiness or interior peace does not come from someone else; it comes from inside you in a solid relationship with God.

hmmmmm need to think about that one. I really feel like I have a solid relationship with God… I would be fine in heaven… praying and all that… but on earth, there is the grass to mow, and the fence to fix… and it would be nice to plan a vacation with a loving husband, rather than just by myself… I want the companionship / helper that I think a good guy would be… :frowning:

:latin_cross: Today is the beginning of the rest of Eternity. :latin_cross:
:heart: The only option I allow my self from here is up! :heart:

Praying hard for you.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I will pray for you as I know this is troubling you. This might not be what you want to hear but for now just let this “dream” go and focus your talents on others and do what you can for others. It is very rewarding and often what our Lord desires for us. When we “let go” of what we are holding tight to and do for others we either forget what it is we desired or desire something else or actually are blessed to get what we first desired. (if that makes any sense?!)

My prayers in Christ,
mlz

I know you’re right.
It seems impossible to let go of something I want so badly. : ( I do need to focus on things that I can control… For my own sanity & peace.

Thank you all for helping me. May God bless each and every one of you.

I’m feeling sad. I know I need to let go.

My prayers for you today.

mlz

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Almighty, ever-living God,
You give strength to the weary
and new courage to those who have lost heart.
Hear the prayers of all who call on You in any trouble
that they may have the joy of receiving Your help in their need.
Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Praying that God may grant you the grace to see his plan for you.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.