Seeking Free/Inexpensive Missal for Prisoner

Friends in Christ…

I volunteer at a local prison. We have a convert to Catholicism who was a Muslim for 38 years. His conversion was quite spectacular! Dave is confined in a maximum security prison and has about 10 years left before being eligible for parole.

He has asked me to provide him with a Missal. As a volunteer at the institution, I am prohibitted from giving him ANYTHING. Does anyone know of a resource that provides free (or really cheap) Missals?

Like most inmates, David has no resources available to him and cannot afford to purchase a decent Missal.

I appreciate any assistance or recommendations.

God Bless…

Father Chuck Bradley

0 Likes

Hi Fr, Chuck.

I think I have exactly what you want here.
St. Joseph Sunday Missal

I’ll PM you some details that I have gleaned from years of prison correspondence ministry. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

As quoted above, see if you can find a local source for these recycled magazines, they look like a small paperback. They have beautiful artwork, prayers, stories about the saints, scripture readings besides helping you follow the mass.
magnificat.net/english/index.asp

0 Likes

Did david get the Missal ?

0 Likes

Nope. Still looking for a free or extremely cheap source.
Chuck +

0 Likes

closed #6
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.