I am doing a research study on a few independent bishops, and need some advice.
- Are independent bishops called Episcopi vagantes (vagrant bishops) or wandering bishops?
- What is the view of the Catholic Church on these independent bishops orders and faculties?
- Would these independent bishops be considered as “valid/invalid”, “licit/illicit”?
- Some of the lineage of these bishops are mixed with Old Catholics, Orthodox and other branches. Would these affect their episcopacy?
- If one were to seek more information and a report on independent bishops, which institution should they contact? Is there a website (form) for this, or is there an email address or phone to contact where such requests can be made? If website links, email addresses or phone numbers, cannot be added on the forum post, can this be sent through a private message.
Thank you very much for your help.