Seeking prayers for our marriage and family

I am new to this forum but I see that prayers here are answered and I would like to ask for your prayers.

My wife has, for a few years now, been thinking that she shouldn’t have married me because I am a lot older than her. She says it’s not normal and that she feels uncomfortable about it all and always has. Well, we have two daughters, 7 and 10, and they don’t feel uncomfortable about it at all! Anyway, point is is that we really need prayers. For our marriage and family to stay together, for us to love one another, and also for me to find some work here in this new city we moved to several months ago.

Well, my wife goes up and down with all this. One day she loves me and wants to move ahead with the family, the next she’s angry and bitter and treating me like dirt, thinking or talking about divorce and annulment. She’s got a history of divorce in her family, and the one she’s closest to, her mother, left her Dad when my wife was only 12 or 13 and shacked up with another man. Her mom is now married these last few years to another man of whom there was talk of divorcing as well. Also, her mom’s father did the same to his wife a generation earlier. I think this family history has a lot to do with her anger and bitteness, and her draw toward divorce.

Well, thanks to all here at Catholic Answers forums, and I sure hope you’ll pray for us. I know I need prayers to help me to be the kind of person God wants me to be for my wife and children, and to see where I have failed and where I have done well. Please pray for that, too.

In Jesus and Mary,
Ken G

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Dear Ken,

I will pray for you and your family.
Please seek a Priest or Religious who has education in family dynamics and marrige. It is good to be guided when you carry a heavy cross as this. Also pray the Devine Mercy, for her conversion.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.