Seemingly a most relevant and critically important teaching for present times? Agree or disagree and WHY?

Seemingly a most relevant and critically important teaching for present times? Agree or disagree and WHY?

1st. Cor. 12:31 “But be zealous for the better gifts. And I shew unto you yet a more excellent way.” 1st. Cor. 13: 1-5 “If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity is patient, is kind: charity envieth not, dealeth not perversely; is not puffed up; is not ambitious, seeketh not her own, is not provoked to anger, thinketh [or does] no evil”

Soon Catholics and Christians will be asked to VOTE for the highest political positions
In America. We will b commanded to VOTE OUR CONSCIENCE; NOT OUR POLITICAL AFFILIATION. Because God Himself so commands.

“Off the People, By the People and For the People” along with the “assured Constitutionally granted RIGHTS of “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness” have been hi-jacked by an immoral minority along with “God” and His Fifth Commandment.

“Thou shalt NOT KILL” ; God’s Fifth Commandment gas been replaced by “our ?” Government and the unjust; Judges they have for the most part appointed, with a “personal choice of ones conscience” that claims that it’s OK to murder your unwanted children.”

Christians MUST in conscience NOT support finically, or aid in any manner INCLUDING by voting for all of those who have publicly make this “murder mandate” their platform; their desire and their belief.

To do otherwise is a GRAVE Moral injustice. And God WILL hold all who place their own wants and needs above God’s Will, accountable for their actions. 1 Corinthians 6:9 “Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Hebrews 6:10”For God is not unjust, that he should forget your work, and the love which you have shewn in his name, you who have ministered, and do minister to the saints.”

M ay God grant each of us the courage and wisdom to DO HIS DEVINE WILL,

pat/PJM

Agree…Excellent…presented in an exceptionally focused and critical way…God’s command.

Why?…I’ll “place my why…my bet” on a Psalm and the words of Archbishop Chaput

Two supporting inclusions…for reflection.
Pax Christi

Psalm 94: 20-21
New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE)

Can unjust judges be your allies,
those who create burdens by decree,
Those who conspire against the just
and condemn the innocent to death?

usccb.org/bible/psalms/94

Catholic News Agency (CNA)
Archbishop Chaput: Catholics responsible for evangelizing US
By Kevin J. Jones

[INDENT][INDENT]Los Angeles, Calif., Sep 18, 2012 / 02:50 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput told the Los Angeles Catholic Prayer Breakfast Sept. 18 that Catholics must take responsibility for the evangelization of the country, and pursue this goal through humility and spiritual discipline.[/INDENT]

“If our hearts are cold, if our minds are closed, if our spirits are fat and acquisitive, curled up on a pile of our possessions, then the Church in this country will die. It’s happened before in other times and places, and it can happen here.”

Archbishop Chaput cited several negative trends in his own archdiocese: low Sunday Mass attendance and rare use of the confessional; a decline in church marriages, infant baptisms and priestly vocations; a clergy abuse crisis; and years of deficit spending.

Nationwide, he added, about ten percent of Americans say they are ex-Catholics.

“That’s** our reality as disciples,**” the archbishop said. “That’s the debris of failure we need to deal with if we want to repair God’s house.”

Drawing on** Pope Benedict XVI’s** 2011 apostolic letter “Porta Dei,” Archbishop Chaput said that modern life is often “isolating and even frightening.” A “profound crisis of faith” has resulted in a collapse of cultural unity, which means it is “very easy for people to develop habits that undermine virtue, character and moral judgment.”

“The Pope’s answer to this crisis doesn’t scold the culture,” Archbishop Chaput said. “Instead he turns to us, to the Church.”

Archbishop Chaput recounted the Pope’s suggestions for the upcoming Year of Faith, launching worldwide next month. Parishes and other church groups should **study the creed and the Catechism of the Catholic Church because right doctrine unifies Catholics and “reorients our lives away from the idolatries of individualism and greed, and points us toward Jesus Christ.” **

Christians should intensify their “witness of charity” because charitable acts help their neighbor and teach themselves the true meaning of their faith. They should also** study Church history to find how holiness and sin are “so often woven together.”**

Archbishop Chaput said this last point is relevant to responding to the clergy sex abuse scandal, which included** “bitter suffering” for the innocent amid “failures in leadership” among U.S. bishops.**

He warned against worldly attitudes that have established themselves in the Church and make the Church “worse than the world” through “greater mediocrity and even greater ugliness.”

God asks all Christians to live a life of “honesty, holiness, heroism and sacrifice,” the archbishop concluded.

[/INDENT]
catholicnewsagency.com/news/archbishop-chaput-catholics-responsible-for-evangelizing-us/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews+%28CNA+Daily+News%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher&utm_term=daily+news

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.