Seinfeld actor, Daniel von Bargen survives attempted suicide

From the Daily Mail

Former Seinfeld actor Daniel von Bargen was left fighting for life after shooting himself in the head in an apparent suicide attempt.

Von Bargen - who played Mr Kruger in the hit U.S. comedy - called 911 himself and told the operator he had shot himself in the head on Monday morning.

The 61-year-old American actor told the dispatcher: ‘I’ve shot myself in the head but it didn’t work… I need help.’

…Von Bargen, who is a diabetic, told the operator that he has already had one leg amputated and was ‘tired,’ referring to the procedure scheduled for his other leg.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105006/Daniel-von-Bargen-Seinfeld-actor-critical-condition-shooting-head.html#ixzz25nxFAeJc

Perhaps because I’m a fan of his work and he’s a fellow Ohioan I felt the need to post this. I’ve enjoyed his work and I’m sadden he tried to abruptly end his life due that horrid disease known as diabetes, I’ll pray for him.

This is so sad to hear about. Also praying…

Thank God he survived. May Our Lord carry him beyond his despair and may the remainder of his time on earth be filled with peace. May he be surrounded by faith-filled compassionate people who will support him. May others come to know the value of life through his survival. And, in God’s good time, may he be taken quickly and gently to join the saints in singing praise to Our Lord. Amen.

:gopray2:

Poor man. As a fellow diabetic I can relate to his problems, although I haven’t had his type of difficulties. He’ll be my special intention for today’s Evening Prayers. :crossrc:

Wow…that was so sad to read.:frowning: Prayers going out to him…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.