Sell your soul?

Hello my family was watching the Conjuring and there was a part where This lady bowed down to Satan. I said well unless she repented she is in hell and my Dad’s Girlfriend said no, since she did that she is in hell. I am only paraphrasing. So my question is.1 Is it really possible to sell your soul? I don’t think the Church thinks so, but I do here of Protestants doing this a lot. So is it possible? Would this sin be unpardonable?

It is impossible to sell your soul. It is possible to make promises or deals with Satan, but you cannot sell your soul.

If, at any moment, a person chooses to repent and rely on God’s mercy, they can be saved.

But what if you make a deal?

It is possible to suffer extremely from intense demonic persecution, including oppression and possession, but still be struggling against it because you have repented.

A person who makes deals with Satan will essentially welcome demons into himself. They will enter him and oppress/possess him. They will not take control of his soul, but in certain circumstances they can have a very strong influence on his faculties and perceptions.

If that person repents, he still has the demons within him, and must have them expulsed by an exorcist. If he dies, he will go to Purgatory/Heaven, because he repented and returned to a state of grace, but those demonic influences are still present until death.

Just draft up a bill of sale, including an agreed upon price and then has both parties (you and Satan) sign the bill. Possession of the soul will be immediately transferred, unless otherwise agreed upon in the contract.

Failure to obtain BOTH signatures will render the bill void. :shrug:

God is more powerful than the devil and there is always a chance to regret “that deal” and seek His aid. To think otherwise is to act like Judas and to lose hope.

God alone can determine what may result because of this deal and resulting repentance of it, but I sure would rather trust Him than the Devil with my soul.

There are alot of people in the entertainment industry that would disagree. Ive seen a few interviews where some of them have admitted to taking part in this, it is considered a cross-roads demon. I believe it has and does happen, probably alot more than we imagine too. I will find some links about this and post them here. Actually there are alot of people in the entertainment industry that openly talk about serving the same ‘master’ and they are not talking about their managers. I tend to think this is well known with this particular industry.

There is only one unforgiveable sin - blasphemy of the Holy Spirit; that is, a refusal to repent.1864 "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin."136 There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who** deliberately refuses to accept his mercy by repenting**, rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit.137 Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss.
Mt 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

You could always draw up a bill of sale. If both parties sign it (you and Satan), then your soul will be immediately transferred.

Of course, if you fail to get the signatures, the deal is null and void… :shrug:

In all seriousness, no, you cannot sell your soul.

Entertainment industry. Yeah. They have no clue what they are talking about or who they are dealing with. God have mercy on their souls.

As I am sure others have told you: No, you cannot sell your soul. If it were possible you would lose all control of yourself. The soul is, so to speak, the seat of things like your mind and consciousness. You can’t cede that over to anyone*.

*Now, by our nature, we can give ourselves over the things. Consider those who are addicted to drugs. This happened voluntarily. Or more likely there are people addicted to money and who worship and serve it. These people have, in a sense, sold their souls insomuch as they have given themselves over to the service and indeed worship of things perishable, corruptible and temporal; whereas, their souls are immortal and meant for more.

Why would you be watching such a show as “family entertainment” in the first place?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.