Seminaries that teach the Tridentine Mass?

I know that Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary in Denton, Nebraska (run by the FSSP) offers training in the Old Rite exclusively, but are there other seminaries that offer training in the Tridentine Mass, alone or alongside the Pauline Mass?

Also, for those of you familiar with religious orders, are Priests in orders such the Dominicans, the Francisicans or the Benedictines ever trained in the Latin Mass?

Thanks,
Mat.

The Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest:
http://www.institute-christ-king.org/images/photos/photo_232_square.jpg
institute-christ-king.org/ourSeminary.html

The SSPX has a seminary in Australia, Holy Cross Seminary. In the US they have a seminary, St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary, in Minnesota. That seminary has a fabulous website!

sspxseminary.org/

St. John Cantius. It’s not a seminary per se but they do teach Latin and Greek and the Tridentine Mass.

Check this out: The New Liturgical Movement, they provide lists of different Traditional Catholic Seminaries and orders that uses the TLM.

I know FSSP and the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.

Pax
Laudater Jesus Christo
Instaurare omnia in Christo

Someone told me that Archbishop Burke in St. Louis has the Tridentine Mass taught alongside the Novus Ordo in the Archdiocesan seminary. Can anyone verify this?

You should ask a seminarian from the Archdiocese. Below is a link to a blog by a seminarian from that Archdiocese; you could email him.

kenrickparish.com/jgeerling/blog/

Seminarian Matt

The SSPX has a seminary in Australia, Holy Cross Seminary.

I was there for my St Ignatius retreat last month Matt…Such a beautiful place, built in 1887.

From a July 20 newspaper column by Archbishop Burke:

“Also, courses of liturgical formation, pertaining to the Roman Missal of Blessed Pope John XXIII, will be provided for priests who desire it. The seminarians at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary will be provided the liturgical formation necessary to celebrate the Mass according to the extraordinary form. Their studies of Latin will also give attention to the texts of the extraordinary form.”

Im curious to see if diocesan seminaries will start to implement training for the Tridentine Mass, with the recently issued Motu Proprio.

Im curious to see if diocesan seminaries will start to implement training for the Tridentine Mass, with the recently issued Motu Proprio.

St. Louis, Lincoln, Scranton–perhaps Denver, Newark, Peoria, Phoenix and Tyler, TX and one or two others. Otherwise don’t hold your breath. :ehh:

I will, thanks :slight_smile:

I wonder if the Josephinum has or will have instruction in the Extraordinary form?

Or, better yet, I could reply here. Yes, we are having formation in both forms of the Mass (the Novus Ordo in English, Spanish and Latin, as well as the 1962 Extraordinary form in Latin).

I’ll be posting pictures and info after our first ‘extraordinary Mass’ this Friday.

Pictures are posted here:
www.kenrickparish.com/jgeerling/pictures/2007-09-14_latinmass/index.html

my, my, my, …God Bless you!! what incredible pictures!! Looks like noble simplicity to me!!
BTW…are those reliquaries on the Altar? I noticed the same thing At EWTN’s Mass…if so do the contain pieces of the true cross?
Another thing I noticed, Every EF form of the rite I have attended, the processions, move with A deliberate stately slowness, Is this the case in the Seminary?
You see it in the mass from EWTN.
Beautiful, Chapel BTW!!

How utterly beautiful!! Bless you for posting these!

They are reliquaries, but no, they don’t have any relics of the True Cross here at the Seminary; just a ton of different saints.

The procession was full of ‘deliberate slowness,’ but that’s the case with all our Masses, either in OF or EF; the funny thing about the OF is that it can be quite uplifting if done with some solemnity.

Well the Benedictines from France have founded a Tridentine Monastery in Oklahoma. An Indult Monastery to be sure. It is in the last few years but I cannot recall the name now, I think the entire office and liturgy is in Latin old rite.

Don’t count on Peoria…

wdtprs.com/blog/2007/09/official-statement-of-the-d-of-peoria-on-summorum-pontificum/

I’ve heard I’ll now have the Mass within 20 miles (sure beats 50), but I can’t help but feel like the diocese thinks I need to be quarantined.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.