Sen. Dick Durbin compares Thai soccer team to migrant kids separated from families

Sen. Dick Durbin compares Thai soccer team to migrant kids separated from families

By Andrew O’Reilly | Fox News July 8, 2018

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., on Sunday compared the more than 2,300 migrant children separated from their parents after crossing illegally into the United States to the boys’ soccer team currently trapped in a cave in northern Thailand. . . .

President Trump gets dragged into yet another discussion that he has nothing to do with.

i fail to see how this Thai soccer team, led deep into the cave by their coach, can in anyway compare to migrant children.
who is Dick Durbin and how could he be so stupid?

Never let a good crisis go to waste.This is just so desperate it’s pathetic.

Our hearts an prayers fgo out ot both.

“Hearts and prayers are with those boys in Thailand trapped in the cave,” Durbin said on NBC’s “Meet The Press.” “I hope our hearts and prayers are also with thousands of children – toddlers and infants – removed from their parents by the Trump administration under zero-tolerance.”

And:

Durbin added: “They’re trapped in a bureaucratic cave too. So let’s not forget them.”

Of course the difference is that their government is moving … and high water to save these kids. Ours cannot seem, in a month given to them by the court, to find the parents of the toddlers that they seized

I agree that the situations can properly be called desparate, but only our government’s response is pathetic.

dvdjs . . .

I agree that the situations can properly be called desparte, but only our government’s response is pathetic.

What is “pathetic” is dragging “Trump” into every discussion where there is trouble.

Durbin did this and it was inappropriate.

So the coach is the coyote the parents paid to take their children on a very dangerous journey?

What is pathetic are efforts to enforce deflection away from his horrible crisis and his incipient failure to comply with court orders.

Except the soccer team has a government working to reunite them with their families, and our President cares little for children or families.

It’s the same old tired talking points from the same antagonizers,better to just ignore them.

dvdjs . . .

What is pathetic are efforts to enforce deflection away from his horrible crisis and his incipient failure to comply with court orders.

Yeah. And since Trump gets two scoops of ice cream, adolescent acne is undobtedly “Trump’s” fault too.

So are these boys Thailand citizens or were they immigrants looking for a way out of Thailand or into Thailand?

What Dick Durbin said was absurd to turn this crisis of the boys trapped in this cave and trying to exploit it to make political points in America. That just shows how
desperate the democrats have become.

Our thoughts and prayers should be for the successful rescue of each and every boy and their coach.
And prayers for the safety of the rescuers.

The buck stops with Trump.

And prayers for the safe unification of families torn apart by a despotic, xenophobic administration. And prayers for the softening of the hearts of those who read but do not execute the Gospel message.

If they were immigrants would you abandon them?

dvdjs . . .

The buck stops with Trump.

Yeah. Especially in Thailand.

Please tell me how the story in Thailand has anything to do with politics in America other than you are looking for an argument?

Nice way to deflect from a democrat politician having a stupid moment.

No With the kids that he is responsible for.

Not a stupid moment. What this judge said? Can we agree on that?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.