Sen. Reid calls supporters of Nevada rancher Bundy 'domestic terrorists'

foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/17/sen-reid-calls-supporters-nevada-rancher-bundy-domestic-terrorists/

Reid attracted controversy earlier this week when he promised that the BLM’s fight with Bundy was “not over”. The Nevada Senator was hit with accusations of cronyism after his former staffer Neil Kornze was confirmed as the new BLM director earlier this month.

Reid is obviously angry after his complicity in the siege against the Bundy family was exposed and became a viral story. Although many news outlets claimed this issue was “debunked,” Reid’s involvement in a solar farm just 35 miles from Bundy’s ranch is documented. Archived files which were deleted from the BLM’s own website confirm that confiscating Bundy’s cattle was necessary in order to clear the way for lucrative solar deals with transnational corporations.

Meanwhile, the BLM has admitted slaughtering two prize bulls belonging to Cliven Bundy during their round up of his cattle. The BLM claims the bulls “posed a safety hazard” but refused to elaborate. Bundy supporters have pointed to photographs which appear to show one of the bulls having suffered a gunshot wound.infowars.com/harry-reid-calls-cliven-bundy-supporters-domestic-terrorists/

So far the public only knows that he owes back fees of over a l million, has tried to pay them to the state who apparently was given the rights to the land in 1998 but has not been allowed to pay these fees.

I am sure supporters of Bundy could easily raise 1 million dollars but would that do the make a difference?

They killed his 2 of his prize bulls. Will they pay him back? If the government killed a prized race horse, that would be worth millions? (The highest price paid at auction for a Thoroughbred was set in 2006 at $16,000,000 for a two-year-old colt named The Green Monkey,[14] who was a descendant of Northern Dancer. wikipedia)

Are these domestic terrorists as Senator Reid suggest or disgruntled citizens?

Thats funny, they love to throw that word around, especially when it comes to anyone defending someone of their Constitutional rights! LOL

Plus, its really sad when you have to get daddy to fight your fight for you…I guess Harry Reids son, Rory didnt have enough clout to make his own statements! LOL

Disgruntled citizens who think the law somehow doesn’t apply to them.

Will they pay for his 2 prized bulls? As I stated 1 prize race horse, the Green Monkey, sold for 16 million. Stud fees on prize animals would be worth quite a bit of money.

Because it is the government and it decides to kill your prized possessions, does that make it OK?

No, it’s not okay. Two wrongs don’t make a right. But that doesn’t change the fact that he is a disgruntled citizen who doesn’t think the law applies to him.

I am not sure we know the facts. This case just came to the news a few days ago.

Bundy may have broke the law. But let’s see.

The Attorney General selectively enforces the law.

Unions and big companies get waivers not to have to participate in the Affordable Care Act, the law of this nation.

People cross into this country and don’t get deported.

Bundy makes his livelihood through his cattle but here, the Feds want citizens to follow the law.

That being the case, why does Bundy deserve our sympathy? To begin with, his family has been ranching on the acres at issue since the late 19th century. They and other settlers were induced to come to Nevada in part by the federal government’s promise that they would be able to graze their cattle on adjacent government-owned land. For many years they did so, with no limitations or fees. The Bundy family was ranching in southern Nevada long before the BLM came into existence.

Over the last two or three decades, the Bureau has squeezed the ranchers in southern Nevada by limiting the acres on which their cattle can graze, reducing the number of cattle that can be on federal land, and charging grazing fees for the ever-diminishing privilege. The effect of these restrictions has been to drive the ranchers out of business. Formerly, there were dozens of ranches in the area where Bundy operates. Now, his ranch is the only one. When Bundy refused to pay grazing fees beginning in around 1993, he said something to the effect of, they are supposed to be charging me a fee for managing the land and all they are doing is trying to manage me out of business. Why should I pay them for that?

powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/04/why-you-should-be-sympathetic-toward-cliven-bundy.php

Nobody likes to admit this though!!

They love calling private citizens domestic terrorists whenever they invoke the US Constitution, but God forbid calling any large company a domestic terrorist!! LOL

The fed Govt MUST abide by the law too. this is important to remember, should they choose not to, thank God we have state Militias to deal with them, Im glad to see the state Governor is siding with Bundy though, that is a very good thing. This means he can call up state troopers and local law enforcement to fight alongside Bundy and supporters.

Like Barack Hussein Obama?

You know they passed laws about domestic terrorists, and what the gov is allowed to do to them now?

Kinda scary with the new laws. (I do believe drones can be utilized on domestic terrorists, even on American soil.)

Praying for peace in the world, especially America.

God bless.

On a Friday night conference call, BLM officials told reporters that “illegal structures” on Bundy’s ranch – water tanks, water lines and corrals – had to be removed to “restore” the land to its natural state and prevent the rancher from restarting his illegal cattle operation

How much damage did they do to his infrastructure?

What does that cost? There are a lot of unanswered questions.

That’s what the courts are for. They can ask for a judgment of anything deemed wrong. If they win, it could reduce their debt, unless that decision is reversed, of course. Force of arms is not the answer for civil suits.

I would say that these people who came are citizens. Many are disgruntled. Some may have just come for the fight. Some did threaten armed insurrection. I do not think that “terrorist” should apply though. In fact, nothing should apply to all of these people as each one has his own motivation for being there and there own level of violence potential.

Interesting article providing information on why he didn’t pay the fees.

I read also that they are also charing him $300 per day for not complying with the law (late fees) which makes his finds.now worth about $64 millions so how does he now pay this fees back.

The rights to this parcel of land were given to the state in 1998 so it seems and he has tried to pay his fees which they would not accepted.

Please read the article posted about the tortoise and what a phony environmental statement was put out to the public.

People want to know the facts. Justice does not only apply to the government.

Who the heck cares about his “prize bulls”?

I have no sympathy for this odd man and the odd company he has attracted.

His ilk are just trying to send the message that you can do whatever you want if you surround yourself with enough wackos to prevent the Government from acting due to potential fallout.

That’s cute- adding the Hussein.

Makes the President seem kind of scary- right?

It *is *his name. I think it is more of a dig at him than anything else.

Peace

Tim

That’s about the size of it.

The timing for all of this is bad as the price of beef is expected to be high for a few more years. Probably not long enough for his claims to make it through the court system though.

If he losses in court again and his fines and costs are not reduced. I guess we’ll have more public land to camp, and hunt on.:smiley:

ATB

]That’s cute-

Thanks! :smiley:

adding the Hussein.

I like the added emphasis for various reasons, and I’d say my endeavor was a success. :smiley:

Makes the President seem kind of scary- right?

Now, now, he doesn’t need any help from me. :o

His policies, including the land grabs policy under former Secretary Salazar, do that all by themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

Many people care about prize animals.

Maybe you’ve never heard of Secretariat. It’s all about breeding. The money is not made in the race but in stud fees.

Just because you don’t like this man does not mean that justice has been served. We are called to be just people not government people.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.