Senate Committee OKs Amdt to Allow Abortions at US Military Hospitals

Washington, DC – A Senate committee yesterday approved an amendment to a bill that would turn U.S. military base hospitals into abortion centers. The amendment, sponsored by pro-abortion Sen. Rolland Burris of Illinois, would have the military break with current longstanding policy.

LifeNews.com/nat6376.html

Obama’s “Party of Death” is going forward full force.

This is what life is really like.
ehd.org/movies.php?mov_id=44

This is interesting. What comes to mind immediately is the base should follow the rules as per the state, but the military is federal, so what stance seems appropriate? I would think the fairest thing, WRT the needs of the men and women going through the hospitals, is abortions for those that want it. I know it’s against Catholic doctrine for abortions, so Catholics don’t need to have any. The military, acting as a secular government establishment, should not feel the need to change it’s policy to accommodate non secular reasoning IMO.

I think we realize that you do not consider abortion a moral or civil evil. Position noted.

What is worth noting in the action is that the Democrat party is totally supportive of, and dedicated to, abortion. Catholics, having the freedom (for now anyway) to think as we wish and to consider such things as abortion to be on a par with things like murder, in a civil as well as a moral sense, need to take note of the fact that this is the orientation of that party.

If the committee declared that military doctors could euthanize children up to the age of two, based on parental decisions, those who think as you do would not think of it as such a benign thing, and would not think it a “non-secular” issue. To faithful Catholics (and to others) It is only because some do not recognize the humanity of unborn children that they think of there being any difference.

That’s the nub of it.

That’s good, I was starting to think people were getting the wrong idea from me :stuck_out_tongue:

Conservative Democrats that oppose abortion exist, but they are few and far between. Also, one’s political position does not seem to be a large influence nationally en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States Looking at Clinton, abortion decreased by a rate of 500k/yr :twocents:

I’m pretty sure i’m a unique thinker, trust me on this, few think as I do. Regardless, the reasons for euthanasia of a child up to two, after they are past the legal doctrine of abortion, must be pretty substantial if it was voted upon and accepted by a US committee that makes grand judgments like this. Maybe some two year olds were becoming infected by a virus turning them into zombies thus making humanity vulnerable to zombie-ism. It seems about as likely as this example.

Quite a bit of truth in that quote I reckon.

What do you expect from an Athiest? At least he is honest about his posted belief.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.