Sending out of apostles

Does somebody by any chance know, the gospel passage of Luke 10, where Jesus sends out His apostles two by two… does this sending out exist also in one or more of the other gospels?
I don’t like doing intenret Bible searches much ebcause I am never sure will it get me a catholic version… so maybe somebody knows by chance without having to look?

:wink:
Kathrin

Mark 6:7 also mentions sending the Apostles out by twos.

Regarding Bible searches–generally I will do a quick Internet search, but then I check in a Catholic Bible (online, such as at the USCCB site, usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible/, or in a hard copy) to be sure of the wording and such. In general, even Protestant versions are close enough to get to the neighborhood of the text I want.

**biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2010:1-24

**Luke 10:1-24Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE) The Mission of the Seventy

10 After this the Lord appointed seventya] others, and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to come.

Footnotes:

[LIST=1]
*]Luke 10:1 Other ancient authorities read seventy-two
*]Luke 10:17 Other ancient authorities read seventy-two
*]10.18 Jesus refers to the fall of the angels (cf. Rev 12.9), while he speaks of his conquest of the forces of evil.
*]Luke 10:21 Or so it was well-pleasing before thee
[/LIST]

Bible Gateway is great, you can look up approximate passages and they have Douay-Reims, RSV-CE and other Catholic Bibles with good footnotes.

Commissioning the Twelve parallel in
Matt.9:35, 10:1, 7-11, 14
Mark 6:6-13
and Luke 9:1-6

thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: !!

I think the one from Luke was anyway the one was looking for. Kind of had in mind the part about eating what they put before you… :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.