Senior Piano Recital Thursday Night

Hi everyone,

I’m presenting my Undergraduate Senior Piano Recital this Thursday at 7:30pm and I tend to get very nervous on stage and I’m concerned that will make me have memory slips. I know it would help me a lot to know then that at least a couple of good Catholic people are praying for me :slight_smile:

So please pray for all music students who are giving recitals, playing for juries, or auditioning in the next few days.

Thanks!

Jonathan

God, bring calm to Jonathan, so that the beauty of music can inspire the faithful, and so that those whose vocations are musical may follow the route You have planned for them. Draw them all close to You, now and forever. Amen. :harp:

Hi Jonathan

You have come so far and worked so hard, and I ask God now to give you peace as you wait for and then as you perform in your Undergraduate Senior Piano Recital this Thursday. Wish I could listen to you! :slight_smile:

Lord give Jonathan such quiet confidence in You and in the work he has done, that he will perform without missing a note!

I’ll keep you in my prayers with all music students who are giving recitals, playing for juries, or auditioning in the next few days.

Play for the Lord and no one else.
May you feel His peace.

Our Father

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, please descend Your Holy Spirit upon this person who is attempting to undergo such an important test in their education. Console their mind and body, and free them of all anxiety, Lord. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

How exciting! I hope all goes well.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers! I had a great time and was pleased with how well everything turned out. I had a few memory slips, but managed to make my way out of them (Though apparently, I thought Bach didn’t know what he was doing and attempted to re write the Sarabande!). I know it would have been a big mess without everyone’s prayers and the help of Our Lord.

Here’s a link to a recording of the concert if you wanna hear how it went:

megaupload.com/?f=2WV42J1E

U.I.O.G.D.!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.
:signofcross:

Praise God that it went well!

Jonathan, I just got your prayer request - after the recital, I’m afraid. But I trust all went well with your performance. I will keep you in my prayers just the same. I pray God helps you with any nervousness you might experience on stage in the future and I pray He keeps you ever so close to Him as you continue your music endeavors. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.