Sense of Unease for no reason?

I feel a sense of unease within myself for specific situations that I know aren’t sinful but my mind keeps playing over this sense of unease. I feel like this is OCD or Scrupulous as this kind of feeling makes me need to go to confession so it stops. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Well, it is something you might want to talk to your priest about this. And/or talk with a doctor to see if it does fall under OCD. There might be a number of causes for this. Actually, I sometimes get this if I take in too much sugar, along with having OCD. So it may or may not be something serious. I think that if you get a good check up to rule out anything else, it would at least ease your mind.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your time of need.

If it would make you feel any better, you can go to a counselor, and see what severity this is at, see if it´s something you need to be concerned with or not, and go from there.

Yes OCD and scrupulosity are things to be concerned about. Pleas talk to your pastor and a mental health professional.

I can’t tell what you mean by “sense of unease for no reason?”

Aside from seeking advice (and discussing these “situations” in private), we all find ourselves in situations that give us unease. This so much depends on what you’re really talking about.

If you have absolutely no idea what makes you feel this way, then the counseling route might be best.

You are perceptive enough to see that these feelings come up in particular situations. You need to make a decision if you need to get out of that situation and avoid them in the future.
Avoidance is a very mature and morally sound strategy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.