Sentencing for sex offender

My daughter and I sat through the sentencing today for the man who accosted her a few months ago (registered sex offender who is a member of our parish), and I didn’t know it was possible to feel as overwhelmed and alone as we feel right now. While the case went fairly well, the stressfulness of the whole thing is beyond description. I’m a single mom and my daughter and I have endured this whole ordeal with minimal support from anyone - including our local parish family and priest. Her dad(my exhusband) didn’t attend even one of the hearings. When she and I went to our priest in tears during this ordeal he let us know that he was busy with important things and didn’t have time for us. There aren’t words in the English language strong enough to describe how badly we’re hurting right now. Please hold us up in your prayers. The prayers of people on this board have sustained us during a couple of traumas in our lives lately, and we know that they will now. Thanks in advance.

You and your daughter are of infinite worth and as souls loved and treasured by God you deserve love and respect from others … especially, you’d think, from your brothers and sisters in Christ. I hope you will find healing for yourself and your daughter through my prayers and the prayers of the rest of us here at the CAF forum. I care, and it hurts me to see how you were treated. :frowning:

:console: :angel1:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

PM me anytime you like if you need a friend.

~~ the phoenix

Hail Mary,Full of Grace,The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you and your daughter.

Martha we wish your daughter and you to know that you aren’t alone. You both have our prayers and love.
I wish I could hug you both.
Jesus please be present to our two sisters, and let them have experience of Your love to comfort and heal them.

Martha I am praying for you, as our former parish had a child molester in the congregation. He was not allowed to be an usher or serve in any parish function, yet he would make people uncomfortable by trying to sit with families with children at Mass. Fortunately, this was something about which Father was aware, and Father, being a police chaplain, had at least one police officer per Mass acting as an usher.

While I feel pity for such folks, when they start to act out again (and it’s always again), they need to separate themselves from situations where their victims are out and about.

I would contact the dean and the bishop if you got no action out of your priest.

Martha my prayers are with you, but please never loose sight that christ Yours and my savior shall never let go of your hand. No matter how bad things seem christ will never ever let go of you. Pray for your enemies pray for those who have mal-treated you, for they know not what they do.

As for your daughter I Pray that you be her rock, I pray that God give her the wisdom and courage to attack this head on.

All this I pray

Eternal Father
I offer to thee the most precious Blood of thy Divine son Jesus
in union with all the masses said througouthe world today
For all the Holy Souls in purgatory,
For sinners everywhere
For sinners within the universal church
and those in my own home and with in my family.
Amen

Praying very hard for you and your daughter’s happiness and peace of mind! Hang in there, it will get better with the passage of time.

I would like to second these thoughts. Martha, please know that I am praying for you and your daughter. God bless.

I second what others have been saying; you and your daughter deserve so much better than to be treated the way you have. Praying that you’ll have the strength and healing - we’re all here for you. :slight_smile:

Still praying very hard for your contentment and peace of mind!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.