Separation of Church and Sports

politicsdaily.com/2010/02/22/time-for-a-separation-of-church-and-sports/

Interesting article, however I couldn't disagree more with it. I am a sports nut and I like it when players show acts of devotion to God during play. I don't want sports to become godless like the rest of our culture. I don't think 2 many teams pray for wins. You pray that no one gets hurt 2 bad, and you play your best. Interestingly the guy is a Catholic convert. Admitedly, sports takes up a lot of my time, but I don't worship sports. God is first and foremost always.

I don't think God had a direct impact on the Super Bowl, but I do think things happened for a reason. That City needed something to raise them up, and the Saints did that. If Drew Brees wants to credit God for the Super Bowl win, what's wrong with that? It's when sports get in the way of what we owe to our families and God is when it becomes a problem. On my Dad's side of the family, besides our common faith, nothing brings us closer then a New York Giants game on Sunday or a big Yankees games or somethin. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You can go to Church and watch the game after. So for a Catholic guy to write an article about the seperation of God and Sports is interesting. Your thoughts?

And to add to that a trivia question......

Who are the only former Cardinals to have Plaques in Monument Park @ Yankee Stadium?.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pope Benedict XVI, Pope John Paul II, Pope Paul VI
(Wish I went to Pope Benedict's Mass)

That's the best way to use sports to further the Kingdom of God on Earth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.