My thread was recently (little less than a week ago) deleted from liturgy&sacraments forums because it contained specific sins. I hope it won’t be a problem here, since many people on Moral theology forums mention specific sins…
DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU STRUGLE WITH IMPURE THOUGHTS, OR AT LEAST PRAY WHILE DOING IT. I REALLY RECOMAND THAT.
So my question is regarding separate sins and important details of sins.
- Are watching porn and masturbation two separate sins? Somebody told me they are, but I don’t get it. If porn is just tool for getting evil thoughts, why would it even be an important detail? Can one in confession mention only evil thoughts and masturbation (I did this couple months ago, so I confessed these details last Sunday)?
- If somebody confesses that his masturbation and thoughts iinvolved sodomy, does he also have to say that pornography he watched included sodomy? What about men watching pornography that include only girls in perverse and disgousting actions? Does sodomy in porn then has to be confessed since he was attracted to opposite gender? What about man who confesses sodomite thoughts, but doesn’t confess watching sodomite porn including two men?
- Does wanting your neughbour’s wife have to confessed as well if you already confessed evil sexual thoughts and masturbation? How can wanting your neighbours wife be a separate sin if, while masturbating with full knowledge of it’s sinfulness and full contol, you are commiting a mortal sin and separate yourself from God. so you obviously don’t care about not breaking 9th commandmant?
- Is using tools for masturbation an important detail that has to be said in confession?
- Is it separate sin or important detail for a men to use non-genital parts in self-pleasuring because of his sodomy?
- Is calling somebody you are attracted to and masturbating while talking to him important detail (or even separate sin) that has to be confessed?
- Is not doing your obligations because of masturbation, watching porn and sinful thoughts important detail or separate sin and does it have to be confessed?
- Is using impure words (I don’t mean cussing, but disgousting lustful words) separate sin or important detail that has to be confessed?
9 If somebody would use Lords name in vain as a part of a song, would he have an obligation to say that it was in song?
I would really like to avoid discousing this with a priest. I am really ashamed and I can’t say that I trust him fully. Also, I can’t talk to him until Sunday (situation is complicated). Anyways, you have heard everything that I would tell him so I don’t see why would you have any more problems with answering my question than a priest. Please try to answer as manny questions as you can…
SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH!