Sept. 10 debate: James White vs. Robert Sungenis

Just a reminder: Bob Sungenis is debating James White Friday September 10th 2010.

topics: predestination, bodily assumption of Mary

How can I listen to this? Will it be on the internet or EWTN? I would love to listen to this!!!

James White will be streaming the audio live. Keep your eye on his blog.
quote:
“Don’t forget that I will be doing my best to live stream both debates on Friday, 3pm MDT and 7pm MDT (those should be firm times). I was going to say, “Tune in,” and realized just how wonderfully anachronistic that phrase has become!”

I find James White to be monumentally tedious.

Speaking of James White :yawn: does anyone know if his sister (Patty White???) is still Catholic. The last thing I remember was him wanting nothing to do with her after her conversion and I haven’t heard anything of her since.

Edit: I found her letter to him

bringyou.to/apologetics/s17.htm

Her name is Patty Bonds. My bad :o

God bless

[quote="Roman_Catholic, post:5, topic:212713"]
Speaking of James White :yawn: does anyone know if his sister (Patty White???) is still Catholic. The last thing I remember was him wanting nothing to do with her after her conversion and I haven't heard anything of her since.

Edit: I found her letter to him

bringyou.to/apologetics/s17.htm

Her name is Patty Bonds. My bad :o

God bless

[/quote]

That letter was heartbreaking. I can't believe he would burn such precious bridges like that over her slightly different worldview and faith. I hope Sungenis kicks his...butt.

[quote="Roman_Catholic, post:5, topic:212713"]
does anyone know if his sister (Patty [Bonds]???) is still Catholic.

[/quote]

She is still very Catholic. :o

Her blog is active if anyone wants to read.
abbaslittlegirl.blogspot.com/

Has anyone got a link to this, is it on now?

[quote="Barryj12, post:8, topic:212713"]
Has anyone got a link to this, is it on now?

[/quote]

it should start at the top of the hour. NM is mountain time (at least this time of the year) thats one hour behind central time.

If you go to alpha and omega .org and click on webcast in the menu you can hear the live stream. I don't think I am permitted to post the link here.

Yeah so who one the debates?

The 1st debate is starting now.

Anyone aware of a link where it can be watched/listened to? I don't see anything on James White's website.

Thank you.

Robert sungenis taught James white a lesson in the predestination debate, The truth really came through and I was actually feeling a little embarrased for James White at some points in the debate, I actually felt a little sorry for him During the Cross examination, oh my goodness Robert really grills him,

Robert did an absolutely fantastic Job of presenting the truth and totally exposed Calvanism for what it is, a heresy. Robert did excellent during the Cross examination and he thoroughly answered all the questions White asked with skill and ease.

Well Done Robert :thumbsup:

Their second debate will be at 9 p.m eastern tonight.
Topic: The Bodily Assumption of Mary.
Link: stream.aomin.org:8000/dl.m3u

[quote="Barryj12, post:14, topic:212713"]
Robert sungenis taught James white a lesson in the predestination debate, The truth really came through and I was actually feeling a little embarrased for James White at some points in the debate, I actually felt a little sorry for him During the Cross examination, oh my goodness Robert really grills him,

Robert did an absolutely fantastic Job of presenting the truth and totally exposed Calvanism for what it is, a heresy. Robert did excellent during the Cross examination and he thoroughly answered all the questions White asked with skill and ease.

Well Done Robert :thumbsup:

[/quote]

I think you meant Calvinism?

[quote="Algo1, post:15, topic:212713"]
Their second debate will be at 9 p.m eastern tonight.
Topic: The Bodily Assumption of Mary.
Link: stream.aomin.org:8000/dl.m3u

[/quote]

Who won this?

[quote="Algo1, post:16, topic:212713"]
I think you meant Calvinism?

[/quote]

Darn iPad, yes I mean Calvinism, nice of you to point that out for me, thanks!! anyway, aside from pointing out something in my spelling (I'm getting used to this iPad and it's predictive text) did you listen to the debate? Would you agree the Robert Sungenis dismantled James white and his position with quite some considerable ease?

I didn't get listening to the "Bodily assumption of mary" debate yet, will listen to it today, anyone else listen to the Mary one?

P.s if I've spelt anything wrong in this or any of my future posts it's either because of this predictive texting or vie accidentally hit a wrong key on this touch screen keyboard, I think someone didn't like the fact the Catholic won the debate, so he has to try and low blow me! Rather childish but hey at least the truth shone through in the debate :D

Here is a link to the audio files from yesterdays debate.

calvarysantafe.org/teachings.php

I will wait until you have listened to both debates before discussing how Dr. White soundly defeated Dr. Sungenis in each.

[quote="Algo1, post:19, topic:212713"]
Here is a link to the audio files from yesterdays debate.

calvarysantafe.org/teachings.php

I will wait until you have listened to both debates before discussing how Dr. White soundly defeated Dr. Sungenis in each.

[/quote]

So you're under the impression that Mr. White won? Interesting. Can you give some examples as to how he defeated Mr. Sungenis? This proves that debates are subjective, and the person they deem the winner is the one they want to win.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.