Serious Christians Should Buy a Gun, Says Tenn. Lt. Gov. After Umpqua Shooting; 'Our Enemies Are Armed'

Reacting to the mass shooting last week at Umpqua Community College in Oregon that left 10 people dead, including the shooter, who reportedly targeted Christians, Republican Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey warned on Friday that Christians who are “serious about their faith” should consider arming themselves with guns.

“The recent spike in mass shootings across the nation is truly troubling. Whether the perpetrators are motivated by aggressive secularism, jihadist extremism or racial supremacy, their targets remain the same: Christians and defenders of the West,” wrote Ramsey in a statement on his Facebook page last Friday accompanied by a link to the state’s Department of Safety & Homeland Security’s guide on handgun carry permits.

Read more at christianpost.com/news/serious-christians-should-buy-a-gun-says-tenn-lt-gov-after-umpqua-shooting-our-enemies-are-armed-147099/#6TRxyjUySL8mDYuL.99

**God, guns, freedom, and idolatry in America **

After another mass shooting last week, I watched countless conversations about mass killings unfold on social media and in the news cycle. As many Christians defended complete and total legislative inaction in the wake of wonton violence, I was literally speechless at the kinds of things fellow believers (especially some pastors) were saying.

Here are a few things I’ve heard or seen from pastors:

“It’s not about gun laws. Satan is roaming the earth killing whomever he can. He is using any willing person that will follow his lead. He has the world focused on guns instead of him.”

Because obviously, our inability to pass common sense gun laws is the fault of Lucifer himself. If a person who could have been background checked or screened for mental health goes on a killing spree, we don’t have to blame a broken political system and our own moral numbness to such wretched tragedies – blame Satan!

Of course, the problem with “the devil made them do it,” is that personal and social responsibility are minimized to the point that we are off the hook. There is no way to prevent every tragedy, but why the push-back against laws that might minimize tragedy?

baptistnews.com/perspectives/god-guns-freedom-and-idolatry-in-america/

Weird, or a unique take on evangelization, depending on one’s religion. I would think a rosary would make a more effective weapon.

:shrug:

Lots more “liberals” have been killed by extremist conservatives and Christians in America.

Oklahoma City
Dr. George Tiller
Tennessee Valley Unitarian Church Shooting
The Lafayette Theater Shooting
Eric Rudolph (Olympic park bombing)
John Salvi

Unlikely, anyway, " serious Christians should buy a gun " well I’ma serious Christian and a pacifist sooo, not getting a gun.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.