Sermonade's Halloween history

Sermonade.com has a little video about the history of Halloween. I don’t know how to do the link, but go and view it and tell your opinion… :wink:

Link:sermonade.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=1404

He does give a pretty good explanation for things, nothing I haven’t heard before in some variation. The background music is just annoying though.

I wanted to mock him after “Halloween: Right, or Wrong?” as “This Movie: Dumb, or Dumber?”

How would you feel if one of your fellow parishoners put out a cross with a skeleton crucified on it? I felt like it was mocking Christ. What do you think? :eek:

[quote=SPOKENWORD]How would you feel if one of your fellow parishoners put out a cross with a skeleton crucified on it? I felt like it was mocking Christ. What do you think? :eek:
[/quote]

Not really, jesus wasn’t the only one crucified back in those days…

The history and motives of the popes and All Saints’ feast is somewhat incorrect. Of course, if we want to completely disregard the fact that God put natural truth in the world so that ALL men could find Him, then we can believe such silly sermons as found on Sermonade.com.

As a Catholic, I am not sure why we are even listening to it!

Actually, I think that this video could help cause people to convert to Catholism. We have all the fun holidays.:smiley: He points out that early American Puritans didn’t celebrate Halloween but if I am not mistaken, they didn’t celebrate Christmas either. They were a dour bunch.

[quote=SPOKENWORD]How would you feel if one of your fellow parishoners put out a cross with a skeleton crucified on it? I felt like it was mocking Christ. What do you think? :eek:
[/quote]

I am confused, which is not an uncommon occurence for me.:stuck_out_tongue: What was mocking Christ? What is it, the video, Halloween?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.