Servants of The Sacred Cross

I am curious as to what might be happening with the Servants of The Sacred Cross. There has been silence on their website now for coming up two years in February 2017 - and no newsletter since Advent 2011.

thesacredcross.org/main.htm

Hello, dear brothers and sisters in Christ!

Thank you so much for the inquiry of concern into our current status!

Just a quick update to say that The Servants of the Sacred Cross (SSC) Community is very much “alive and well”. In fact, praise God, we continue to be very active with many inquirers and events taking place among our members. We have Sisters, Oblates and Associates spread across three countries.

We are deeply thankful to have a deeply spiritual, committed and supportive Catholic priest as our chaplain and spiritual advisor now. He has even been received as an SSC Associate! Last year two more Sisters Professed Life Vows at our Community Mass. It was deeply moving to witness our dear Sisters’ dedication in prayerfully following God’s Will in this way.

Most recently, we have just enjoyed our usual Annual General Chapter last month. This is a most precious week when we all gather at a Carmelite Retreat Centre for our meetings, fellowship, chanting the Divine Office and, of course, celebrating our various Community Rites. This year we received a new Postulant, Clothed two new Novices and witnessed the First Profession of Vows and the Annual Renewal of Vows of several Sisters.

I regret that I have not had time to keep the web site more up-to-date. Pesky computer issues had prevented me from being able to properly edit video of some of our special events. I am trying to sort the computer situation so that I will be able to add more current video to our web site.

Time constraints have simply played a huge role in getting newsletters written. The more we grow and evolve, the less spare time there is, of course. Praying that I will indeed be able to get a newsletter out sooner rather than later as we do understand that visitors to the SSC web site want to read our news.

Hope the above will reassure any and all who may have been “wondering” about us!!

In Christ,
Mother Wendy

Mother Wendy James, SSC
Superior, The Servants of the Sacred Cross
“Crux Mihi Ancora”

Good to know that things are still cruising along and going well. :thumbsup:

“married”…:confused:

Oh, connection fading in the storm, try to get back later,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.