Seven New Jersey newspapers call christie to resign

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/01/seven-nj-newspapers-call-christie-resign/81168876/

Look at the power the media wields in trying to choose the nominee for the people. **The media is the real bully. **

One might think the reason for this is because Christie endorsed Trump but the article reads:

The six newspapers including the Asbury Park Press, the Cherry Hill Courier-Post and the Morristown Daily Record — all Gannett-owned papers that are part of the USA TODAY NETWORK —** were apparently spurred to editorial outrage by a Monday press conference in which Christie refused to answer questions about anything other than his nomination of a state Supreme Court judge. Asked why, Christie replied, “Because I don’t want to.”**

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/01/seven-nj-newspapers-call-christie-resign/81168876/

Seven lowered to Six newspapers.

Christie probably should not have hugged Obama back in 2012 and many take offense to that per when that hurricane hit there. Though, I think that is forgivable, perhaps his tact is not always best as well.

Time for state roadwork outside their offices…

Maybe he was thinking of that Godfather quote about keeping your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

The interesting thing about bullies is that there can be more than one at a time. Another interesting thing is that the behavior of one does not justify the behavior of the others.

If he were my governor I would agree. Considering what goes on at Trump rallies he really should be ashamed of himself and shouldn’t associate with Trump.

When was the last time a sitting Governor resigned because he endorsed a candidate and attended rallies he had nothing to do with?

using that fickle logic, I think every Democratic Governor should resign because they are Democrats.

Yours is hardly a reason a man elected by his own voters in his state should resign.

Exactly.

This is America, they can call for his resignation if they want to. It’s kind of ironic that a Trump supporter is calling people bullies LOL I mean, you must be kidding me?

Christie is probably banking on a Trump presidency, because he’s been promised a cabinet position – or even VP.

Christie’s hugging Obama may not have been the right political move on his part but it did show Christie’s humanity and the fact he sincerely cares about the people of his state. His tact, however, is well beyond your generous characterization of “not always best,” although he seems to be making an effort to tone down his comments. Some people like his straightforward approach to political matters.

Wow, I don’t blame him one IOTA.

Nominating a State Supreme Court judge is a big deal,
why allow the press conference to digress onto Trump or some other topic.

I’m not saying he should resign because he’s a Republican. I think he should resign because he is supporting a racist enabler.

Has Trump denounced the white supremacists who violently pushed a teen girl out of the auditorium yesterday? What happens at his rallies is his responsibility;They are the people he is speaking to. Christie should be ashamed to throw his hat in a ring that includes out and proud racists. Has there been any violence at a Democrat rally with the Democrat candidate encouraging it (I’d like to punch him in the face, get them out of here, etc.)?

His voters will have the final say.

Democratic party has Muslim Brotherhood connections, a racist organization and Black Lives Matter that has chanted about police officers being killed. I don’t see where those with connections to the DNC have to disavow this.

Where have they caused violence at a Democratic rally? Black Lives Matter is about black people being killed by police, not black people killing police. I know absolutely nothing about the Muslim Brotherhood. Have they been attending Democratic rallies?

If the MB and #BLM were campaigning/endorsing on radio and pushing their folk to volunteer…Erm, yeah, maybe they should. They wouldn’t, but they should.

I was thinking this morning about how the DNC used to kind of trot out the “social gospel”. Now that’s passé. They do for the poor and the immigrant because it’s right on the platform level and leave Jesus out–they know they’ve sewn up most of the Catholic vote and I don’t know that it would bother them if they lost any of it, anyway, just on principle. Okay, fine. I hold the Republicans to a higher standard because they generally run on the Jesus ticket, trying to win the Evangelical vote. I have a low tolerance for liars, in general, and ones who lie “in Jesus’ name”, in particular.

BLM is aligned with Democrats, they have chanted for the deaths of police officers:
startribune.com/police-union-official-critical-of-digusting-chant-at-black-lives-matter-march/323465911/

Administration helped the oppressive MB come to office.

I don’t see where the KKK is campaigning for Trump or endorsing on the radio either.

Have you come out against Hillary for saying she admired Margaret Sanger (bigot and eugenicist)? You know, the founder of Planned Parenthood who not only kills millions of unborn babies, but is also quite structurally racist (since black people make up 13% of the population, but around 40% of abortions?

How about coming out against Hillary for being a rapist enabler? Doesn’t her support of her serial sexually abusing husband disqualify her?

Should she drop out?

I’m not going to apologize for Hillary’ stance on abortion or her husbands bad behavior. I don’t really like or trust Hillary.

I know she doesn’t have the KKK on her side. I know she would denounce them very quickly if they took her side. Trump had to think about whether to denounce them or not. Of course he has no problem denouncing everybody else but the KKK and David Duke deserve some consideration.

I think the Republicans should give Trump the boot and run an actual Republican.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.