Seven Sacraments in Acts of the Apostles

What is a good commentary that thoroughly goes through the Acts of Apostles detailing how the events in it correspond to the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church (principally baptism, confirmation and holy orders)?

[quote="QNDNNDQDCE, post:1, topic:322137"]
What is a good commentary that thoroughly goes through the Acts of Apostles detailing how the events in it correspond to the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church (principally baptism, confirmation and holy orders)?

[/quote]

This EWTN article should be a good start.

See also the Catholic.com tracts on sacraments.

=QNDNNDQDCE;10594105]What is a good commentary that thoroughly goes through the Acts of Apostles detailing how the events in it correspond to the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church (principally baptism, confirmation and holy orders)?

I'd have to think about that; BUT The Sacramental Gospel belongs to John:D

[quote="QNDNNDQDCE, post:1, topic:322137"]

[/quote]

If you're looking for something that carries the Bible text of Acts as well as lengthier commentary, there are 2 that come to mind:

The Navarre Bible: catholiccompany.com/navarre-bible-c466/
and
The Ignatius Bible: ignatius.com/promotions/catholic-study-bible/

In both of the above, Acts can be purchased individually.
The commentary is not centered around the sacraments, but I'm pretty sure that the commentary would note and discuss when passages are connected to a particular sacrament.

I have the Ignatius Study New Testament but I am too poor to afford the Navarre Commentary right now. I would like something a little more detailed. To give one example, the descent of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. This passage is taken in the EWTN article and by the CCC to correspond to confirmation. St. John Chrysostom takes this to be the completion of their baptism (which seems to be the more obvious meaning). I am looking for a source that will treat all these sorts of events in detail.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.