Seven Sorrows of Mary Devotion - Testimonies?

Hi everyone!

I have begun a devotion to the seven sorrows of the Blessed Virgin. I was wondering if there are many others who also pray this devotion?

What impact has it made on your life? Have you had any special experiences with Our Lady of Sorrows?

Just curious! I haven’t heard too much about this devotion, but it seems to be reappearing in my parish, and I just wanted to know how many others were devoted to her in this way!

Mary specifically asked the children of Rwanda to pray this way of the Rosary, when she was appearing to them.

Google her apparitions to these children. it is church approved.

tragically many were killed in the Rwandan genocide a little later on

I’ve been praying the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows every day now for the last 5 months. I would not think of skipping a day of it. It is a good devotion, makes you really think of what sorrows Mary went through, and also, per Mary’s appearances in Kiebho, Rwanda in 1981, 1982, and 1983, it also helps one feel true contrition for one’s sins. Mary advised it to be prayed every day, but, if one could not do that, then one should at least do it on Tuesdays and Fridays.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.