Here are several questions that Ive been asked. How do I answer these? Any help would be wonderful. God Bless!!
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,
- Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6).
- Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke 11:27-28).
- Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. 2:5,9).
- Why does it condemn the observance of special days? (Gal. 4:9-11).
- Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).
- Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).
- Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).
- Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as “father”? (Matt. 23:9).
- Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).
- Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).
- Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
- Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke 22:24-27).
- Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26).
- Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?