Sex and Faithful College Students: on the Pressure Some Face at Their Schools to Conform to Secular Views of Sexuality (an article)

see www.osvdailytake.com/2013/09/college-sex-and-pressure-to-conform.html

I don’t remember having to attend any meetings or workshops on sexuality in college. Frankly, we didn’t even have to go to any orientation events at all unless we felt like it. However, it seemed like the dormitory did nothing but give us condoms. There was no explaination along with them, but they would put them in our mailboxes and there were always a few of them in our “welcome bag” when we moved in. Most of them became water bombs. I think alot of us felt resentful at being bred in captivity.

Job security. The college doesn’t want its students getting pregnant while they’re in the middle of school and leaving / having their studies disrupted.

The part that gets me is that these girls have morals that most girls don’t have in today’s society. They think that sex should be for after you are married, and not some game you play while “searching” for what’s right. And yet, they are punished because of those morals. It really irritates me when things like this happen.

These sorts of mandated indoctrinations were mentioned in Greg Lukianoff’s book “Unlearning Liberty,” which was mainly concerned with campus restrictions on free speech and loss of civil liberties on campus. But he also noted some campuses that felt the need to indoctrinate incoming students into the party line. (And Mr. Lukianoff has no Christian axe to grind–he is a liberal and an atheist.)

As to the state of free speech on campus, I recommend The Fire website.

Then they should probably stop encouraging the students to fornicate with abandon because the average college freshman doesn’t even know how to use the microwave properly.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.