Sex, drugs and alcohol in forms of entertainment. What happened?

I'm tired of seeing sex, drugs and alcohol being the focus of modern day music. I mean, some songs are nice and catchy but regardless, its disgusting. Being a catholic doesn't have to do with this ranting, I just find it soooo low and shabby. What happened to the music of the 1990s? I miss bands like nsync and singers like britney (the old one).

Same goes for movies. Sex scenes seem to be dwelled upon nowadays, glamorized even. What happened to our morals? I want the old days back. Anyone else feel the same way?

[quote="Poof, post:1, topic:252003"]
I'm tired of seeing sex, drugs and alcohol being the focus of modern day music. I mean, some songs are nice and catchy but regardless, its disgusting. Being a catholic doesn't have to do with this ranting, I just find it soooo low and shabby. What happened to the music of the 1990s? I miss bands like nsync and singers like britney (the old one).

Same goes for movies. Sex scenes seem to be dwelled upon nowadays, glamorized even. What happened to our morals? I want the old days back. Anyone else feel the same way?

[/quote]

I don't listen to much music, but I am with you all the way on the sex scenes in the movies and on TV. I'm very disgusted with it all, and it has become so commonplace. And to think that I was offended years back with the opening scene of "Dirty Dancing", not wanting my kids to see it....that isn't anything compared to now.....:mad:

I totally agree that modern day music has reached a new low, however the 90’s weren’t exactly the cleanest either. Brittany Spears’ “Hit me baby one more time,” had tons of sexual innuendo as did Christina Aguilera’s “Genie in a bottle.”

Nevertheless, mainstream music has clung to the devil’s immoral coattails and gave up creativity many years ago.

:stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.