Sex for Married Couples ONLY!

Hello all, ^_^,

Am a 19 year old male college student, and I was kind of wondering about this:

*Is there any way/s to convice people, Christians and Non-Christians alike, that Sex is for Married couples ONLY, without quickly stating: “Because God said so”, or without using bible verses?

Sexuality was made for us, I’m very convinced, and resolved, that sex SHOULD ONLY be done by Married Couples, yet again, ONLY, but there are people around me who are “lukewarm” in their faith, whenever we talk about girls, they bluntly tell everyone that if the girl were to ask them to “do it” with them, they would, but I go off saying: “Yeah, of course, but I want us(the girl and I) to be married First!”, ^_^.

Yes I agree that SEX is meant for only married couples. the question here is who is the proper person or authority to drum this information down to the non married persons who are indulging in it?

In my opinion, this lesson should start from the home and for those who are unfortunate not to have homes the churche should take it and make it a must in the catechism class and following it up at all youth gatherings and ensure that it is always part of the sermon.

I know this is already being done by the Church, but it should be intensified.

Thanks.

Simply (and you will never hear any secular health professional or TV personality or journalist or college educator state this simple fact), if sex were ONLY engaged in between chaste married couples who marrried as virgins then there would be no sexually-transmitted diseases at all. You could say that physical HEALTH is itself an authority. The Commandments were established by God as a KINDNESS, in that health is to be valued over self-inflicted disease, and happiness over unhappiness.

We could all benefit from reading JPII’s Theology of the Body (or at least getting familiar by reading the Christopher West take on it). The contents are truly wisdom for all of us to take for ourselves and to share.

To put it plainly, if sex was reserved for marriage as God intended there would be absolutely no STDs such as AIDS. There would also be a massive reduction in the number of abortions by way of the fact there would be significantly fewer unwanted pregnancies.

Personally, I also believe there would be much less family breakdown going on.

This may be being a little simplistic, but look at recent history…since the mass production of the pill, the sexual revolution and so on.

Pre-marital sex=up, up up. STDs=up, up, up. Divorce=up, up, up. Abortion=up, up, up. :shrug:

Whilst one does not necessarily lead to the other, gotta admit there are links there.

As others have stated, if sex was only between MARRIED individuals, STDs, unwanted pregnancies, and single parents raising children would be drastically reduced.

Ingenious!

Wow!, This is Probably the BEST way to convince people WITHOUT USING THE BIBLE OR THE WORD “God” ^^, Wow, I could go on and on about my amazement, with this new found “weapon”, I think I’ll name it: “The Guilty-AIDS Way”, ^^, if that’s okay with matthewadam that is. ^_^,

This is amazing, Thank YOU so much for posting/sharing this thought of yours, haaayss, ^^, well anyways, keep on posting those ideas, if you may, ^^
I just opened this topic 'coz I was just Curious, I know that THE ONLY SATISFYING AND EASIEST (assuming you already are) way is to: “WALK WITH CHRIST and HIS CHURCH”, PRAY! PRAY! and PRAY some more, ^_^,

beLiEvE!. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the posts everyone, nice, ^_^.

GOD LOVES YOU>

My dear friend

It’s hard to avoid the bible here because God created Adam and Eve and married them together Himself and laid out the rules eg. for this reason a man must leave his house etc. I would say perhaps are we just animals that must have sex whenever we can? Do we have any self control/ What is the purpose of sex - it is both unitive and creative ( it is to unite husband and wife and possibly be fruitful in producing children ). Sex is not for fun or to be taken lightly. It is something very holy and sacred and if we are not spiritually sick ( which is the whole problem ) we will engage in sex for the right reasons and purpose. We are supposed to live completely naturally and in harmony with nature. When we engage in sexual activity that is not natural as God intended we harm ourselves and all of creation. Do we see the opposite sex as nothing more than an object to help us gratify ourselves? Sex outside of marriage is unnatural and there are consequences for sin which is being unnatural - the sioul dies and we harm the environment and all of creation, we become very spiritually sick and we turn something very holy and sacred into nothing more than a bit of fun. True happiness comes from a virtuous life. Sin is nothingness and results in nothingness which is hell. If they view sex this way they are very ignorant of it’s purpose and are very spiritually sick. Joking about sex is a sign of spiritual sickness too. We should see ourselves as a part of nature and look at how the other creatures engage in sex for the reason and in the manner God intended them to. It’s not for fun but to continue the species with them. We have free will which allows us to love and sex is meant to be a bonding force between a husband and wife that is open to children. We have an intellect too and are children of God unlike the beasts and must behave in the manner God has created us to behave. It’s hard to leave God and the bible out of the explaination because without that we are just animals who came into being bychance and have no laws to live by. We have to live by the commandments which show us how we who are a part of nature are supposed to naturally live, because we are wounded by sin and pulled towards and prone to evil. I hope this helps.

May God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

I recommend that you read the book “Theology of the Body for Beginners,” by Christopher West. It is not afraid to use Scripture, but it presents the Church’s teaching on morality in a very compelling way, in a language that can be understood by our peers.

God bless!
-Dmar198

What I find sad about those who engage in pre-marital sex is that they are devaluing the act. Think about the sorts of things we do on a date: go to the movies, go bowling, have dinner in a restaurant. Having sex while dating lowers sex to the level of bowling and movie night. I think it is fair to say that was never God’s intention.
God has given us the gift of sexual union so that we might join with him in the miracle of creating new human life. Now that is truly awesome! So why do so many people treat sex so casually?
It’s difficult to imagine meeting someone and rather than saying, “I’m glad we met. Let’s go bowling sometime,” we instead say, “I’m glad we met. Let’s create new human life sometime.” But that is essentially what is happening. How could anyone mistake the creation of human life for a casual dating activity?

I am going to go a step further: when people repeatedly engage in sex outside of marriage, they are training themselves to believe that this is normal and acceptable behavior. Therefore, when married, that person will be more easily tempted to stray, because their conscience has already accepted non-marital sex as normal and acceptable. Marriage is no obstacle.

As well, I fully concur with those before me who mentioned the proliferation of divorce, disease, abortion, infidelity and the like as being intrinsically linked to pre-marital and extra-marital sex. Non-Catholics think that we Catholics with all our rules are slaves to the system. What they don’t realize is that God has given us a “how-to” book on navigating this complicated life with a minimum of damage to ourselves and others. And once you know what to avoid, it makes decision-making a heck of a lot easier. Now that is freedom.

Animals, Got it. :slight_smile:

It is indeed hard to not use bible verses in this matter, and it ALMOST ALWAYS doesn’t work, Thank you for posting your reply. ^^, This helps a lot, I think the main thing that you’re trying to say is that basing our “decision in having sex” in our feelings or what the world says is right, then is not only dangerous, it may also lead someone to a much complicated sin, infidelity, and that if we “do it” just for the fun of it, then we’re merely animals, which is TOTALLY untrue. ^^.

THANKS AGAIN. :slight_smile:

GOD LOVES YOU>

I am going to go a step further: when people repeatedly engage in sex outside of marriage, they are training themselves to believe that this is normal and acceptable behavior. Therefore, when married, that person will be more easily tempted to stray, because their conscience has already accepted non-marital sex as normal and acceptable. Marriage is no obstacle.

I guess it’s fairly noticeable, that people who practice pre-marital sex are the first one’s to get a divorce or have an infidel partner, they say that when you get married you start to NOT HAVE SEX, yes, practicing pre-marital sex, or merely accepting that pre-marital sex is normal is got to be one of the main reasons why people start to think that marriage is outrageous, they focus solely on “doing it with ONLY ONE GIRL/BOY”, they forget, or in some cases misinterpret, that marriage is one of the GREATEST acts of a man and a woman, in LOVE with God as their witness.

As well, I fully concur with those before me who mentioned the proliferation of divorce, disease, abortion, infidelity and the like as being intrinsically linked to pre-marital and extra-marital sex. Non-Catholics think that we Catholics with all our rules are slaves to the system. What they don’t realize is that God has given us a “how-to” book on navigating this complicated life with a minimum of damage to ourselves and others. And once you know what to avoid, it makes decision-making a heck of a lot easier. Now that is freedom.

Indeed, They’re Degrading the value of sex, It’s all these media, movies, song lyrics, music videos too. ^^ Anything in this world can be the most evil, or the most good, depending on usage. ^^ It’s amazing how the Lord permits these things to happen to bring about greater, or the greatest Good. :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting. :slight_smile:

GOD LOVES YOU>

Sex is a sacred act between husband and wife. It is the utmost expression of love and unity between them and has a possibility of procreation. Since sex has the possibility of procreation the individuals should be married. If people have sex out of marriage it is immoral at least partly because the child would not have parents who have vowed to stay together forever and therefore may leave and be with someone else. This would cause pain to the child if he/she did not have two parents that were committing to staying together and raising him/her.

Basically Sex=Children. Children should be in a family. And Marriage=Family

NICE. ^^, no bible verses there, ^^

How is it sacred though?, ^^, if the person starts to ask this question, then, the best answer is: “Because God So”, right? ^^, so it’s perfectly impossible to delimit God from the topic of sexuality, and expect everyone will be satisfied fully, some may be satisfied with worldly answers like: “Just do it”, or “Don’t think about it too much”, or “If you like her, and she likes you, then go for it”, but eventually, the call for chastity and obedience to God, profoundly resonates loudly among any other call, ^^, so it’s only a matter of time when conscience kicks in. ^^.

THANK you for posting this Knowledge, I’ll treasure these for the rest of my life. :slight_smile:

GOD LOVES YOU>

You can also look at the binding nature of the harmones sex kicks off, and the fact that pre-marital sex is disproportionately cruel to women compared to men.

The main harmone that I know of is oxytocin, which is called the “love harmone”. It’s the same harmone produced is lesser quantities when we smile at a loved one, and it’s also prominent in breastfeeding, to help a mother bond with her new child. Sex literally creates a harmonal and emotional bond between people. Bonding yourself to someone with harmones isn’t a good basis for a relationship, I would say. Better to be willing to commit and bond yourself without them, and then add the harmones in to strengthen that bond.

As for harm to women - women are affected far wose by many STDs, as the sexual act is far more internal to their bodies and therefore the diseases are closer to places where they can do significant damage, resulting in higher rates of sterility or STD-related cancers.

Further, the main consequence of sex - children - ends up being primarily the woman’s burden, whether she has an abortion, adopts, or chooses motherhood. First, there is the fact that she must make this choice at all, and the likelihood that she will be pressured to abort by an unprepared father. Note that pregnancy is likely to end the relationship no matter what the woman chooses, but especially if she chooses abortion, and note also that the woman will be at greater risk for mental and physical illnesses after birth, miscarriage, or abortion if she becomes pregnant without sufficient support from her partner. Sex only within marriage means that the woman has at least some greater legal guarantee of responsibility from her partner if she becomes pregnant. She is less likely to be unsupported emotionally and physically. Note also that actual use birth control effectiveness rates are often lower than 90%, meaning that every year a sexually active woman has a 1-in-10 chance of getting pregnant even with birth control. Imagine how that adds up over 5 years, or 10 (there are stats on this, but I don’t have time to dig them out). That means a woman engaging in premarital sex actually has a very significant chance of struggling with the difficulties described in this paragraph.

Therefore, pre-marital sex is clearly anti-feminist.

Note: I am using solely secular arguments here, and am not actually intending to promote abortion or contraception; however, they are relevant realities that are pertinent to discussions of pre-marital sex.

what if marriage is getting delayed beyond 30s due to different reasons (Family,Finance or Health) ? :confused:

My dear friend

A big welcome to you. Are you asking anyone in particular? Can you clarify your question please? I see your new so I post this to help you seek an answer.

May God bless you dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

Thanks!
It’s a open question to the forum. What a catholic should do, if his/her marriage is delayed for a decade due to various reasons like family obligations ,financial situation or health. should he/she wait for the marriage or involve in physical relationship before marriage.

All single people, single defined as not married, are called to observe chastity. This applies to all circumstances. Besides, if you have the time to commit to a sexual relationship why would you not have the time to be married? Think about it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.