Sex OK at 9, says Saudi cleric

Where is the outrage?

Sex OK at 9, says Saudi cleric
’Muhammad is model we follow. He took ‘Aisha to be his wife when she was 6’

Age, or lack thereof, is no hindrance to marriage under Islam, according to Ahmad Al-Mu’bi, an officiant for marriages from Saudi Arabia who says sex at 9 is fine.

According to a video of the Saudi official recorded and translated by MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute, Al-Mu’bi has confirmed that marriage contracts are appropriate for girls as young as age 1.

Full Story

Oh yeah. It was not a Catholic Priest. Just shows the hypocrisy of the MSM and others when it comes to Islam :mad:

Alternate source:

Saudi Marriage Official Says 1-Year-Old Brides OK

This is why the religion of Islam is becoming more and more dangerous for the World. :eek:

The fact that the press gives little heed to some low-level religious functionary in a far-flung part of the world hardly seems evidence of hypocrisy.

Is this some kind of joke? Sex with a nine-year-old? I have trouble believing this. I can believe that marriages are contracted early and may even take place; but sex with a prepubescent girl - naw.

I don’t think one Saudi Cleric speaks for all of Islam…anymore than those child molesting Catholic Priests speak for Christianity

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.