Sexual abuse resurfaces late in life

I have been posting for prayer intentions and also emailing my ex husband, who would be paying for the personal boarding care home if I go. As the day winds down I have come to the core of the problem here.

My mother and father perpetuate the incident of sexual abuse that occurred when I was 17. My father did it, my mother is an accessory. My psychologist gave me a book about adult survivors of sexual abuse in childhood and while I did not experiences gross physical abuse the psychological abuse was classic. They continue to play it out now, the humiliation and the mental cat and mouse.

This is what people saw, I realize now, when they told me not to stay here when i first came here. The draw is the cats. They are my son’s, I love them, and I don’t want to abandon them here. My son had to leave them to go to rehab. I also don’t want to leave this place empty for my son to return. MY son and my mother would not permit me to take the cats with me or put them in another home. He is their legal owner. He listens to my mother.

Praying to St. Francis for a break in this situation. That there is somewhere for me to go but that the cats will be safe and my son won’t return here.

I’m praying for you. May the Lord resolve your situation.

again, please talk to your mental health worker, you have listed three separate problems today. I pray you will get in touch with your mental health worker and discuss them with that person

Is this person trolling?

No. Just someone in desperate need of prayer here, and support in their real life.

:pray:

perhaps direct most of your prayers towards our lord and savior. Asking saints for their prayers is a wonderful thing, but we must not forget that god hears our prayers directly.

No, this person has real and valid mental health concerns.

:dove::pray:

Personal boarding care home paid for by ex-husband? Is your marriage salvageable? Did this abuse interfere w the health of your marriage? Can your son go live w his father? Can the cats go to your ex’s House. If not remarried, go stay w him w cats, till your son comes home. Make sure you forgive parents and ex husband and yourself for things w your ex! You are NOT responsible for sexual abuse forced on you.
Lord, I don’t know all the circumstances here. But, Your child has been hurt in body and Spirit. Her innocence was stolen years ago. Help her forgive her past and look forward to becoming who she is. Don’t let her see herself as the teen abused by her Dad but as a free woman going to move into the future to fulfill her destiny You planned for her. JEREMIAH 28/11. Our lives can be scrambled and confusing. Help bring clarity to her life’s journey.
Isaiah 49!
I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU , MY PPL.
I HAVE CARVED YOU IN THE PALM OF MY HAND
I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU. I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU ORPHANED. I WILL NEVER FORGET MY OWN.
DOES A MOTHER FORGET HER BABY? OR THE WOMAN THE CHILD WITHIN HER WOMB? YES, EVEN IF THESE FORGET, I WILL NEVER FORGET MY OWN.
FEEL LOVED…FOLLOW GODS LEAD…FORGIVE AND BE HEALED, IN THE NAME OF JESUS. Holy Spirit, empower those words to answer Your child’s prayer.
In Jesus name
Amen

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

†

Thank you yes I am in a critical and desperate situation, I went to a personal care boarding home after a year on two acute care inpatient psychiatric units after a serious suicide attempt. My mother couldn’t afford the personal care boarding home any more and there was nowhere to go but here. I had serious misgivings about it and my physical therapist refused to treat me so long as I was living here with “so much evil.”

Now I have declared bankruptcy; joined RCIA; proceeded with helpful therapy sorting out the sexual abuse finally, but day to day experience here is torture because of my OCD and my mother and fathers’ manipulation and I want to make a break and my ex is coming forward with the possibility of paying alimony again, which he had stopped; so he may pay for the boarding home instead. I have lost weight and quit smoking and don’t want to lose either breakthroughs. I am praying my ex will take me back. But I am waiting on God’s will for SOMETHING to change in this situation which is so painful to live out. I feel like I am losing my mind here. My son is so stressed and I am so afraid for him and yet I have to think of myself too, he doesn’t like it when I say negative things about my mother but she has lied so much to him about me that he doesn’t have the truth. That’s why I have to pray to KIng Solomon, it’s not always obvious how to handle this situation. All I know about it is that it is always extremely difficult, and that I am afraid of losing my son’s love.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Merciful God please embrace Your suffering child, with her many concerns, in Your overwhelming love.
Please bless her with the support and guidance that she needs, and with the reassurance of her son’s genuine love for her regardless of any situation.

Mother Mary please intercede for her, in all matters of concern in her temporal and spiritual welfare.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.