Sexual injury which is a plague in my life

I suffer from a sexual disability. At this point in my life I’ve talked about it a lot and I am starting to get understanding from my psych providers. I have been in catastrophic psych care since I was 21 with a b.s. diagnosis that did not address the suffering I had experienced since I was a child. My brother had kneed me in the crotch when I was a little girl and I grew up feeling like there was something wrong and there was. I had a secondary injury when I made a suicide attempt when I was 24. I almost died from the pain from the catheter probably because of a UTI.

So about a month ago I went to the ER in the city nearby and was referred to that hospital’s Partial Hospital Program. I had been to one of these programs there in my 20s. There I had an unfortunate incident with my condition. I am 56 now and have experienced a lot of abuse in the MH system and in life since I was 24 and my condition in groups recently has been scattered and confused. At the PHP I had a spontaneous sexual reaction when a young girl was talking, she was very upset, she was wearing scanty clothing. It was embarrassing and terrifying. For about 5 minutes everybody hated me without saying anything and then the group leaders moved things along.

To make a long story short I was discharged from the group on the following day, which wasn’t until the next week. It was only my 4th day. Now I realize it was probably because of this incident. The problem is that I was probably not 100 yards from the location of the ICU were I had been damaged 32 years ago, and that hospital is probably liable for malpractice because of it. And I did talk to them about it so they weren’t unaware of the situation. The treatment I got was so rude.

I went back to the ER last Friday, I called the group first and talked to the same group leader, he said he would call ahead. When I got there, the intake worker in the pscyh area took me aside and talked to me about Medjugorge! for half an hour. Then then kept me until 5 in the morning, without my medications, waiting for the doctor to release me to go home. The intake worker had talked to me about “pure love.” “Only pure love gets into Heaven,” he said. I said I wanted to go back to the PHP. He said “Its not a forever place.”

Since then I have experienced miraculous healing of my two abortions and of sexual abuse by my father. I looked up Medjugorge as soon as I got home and saw that it was for real. But I felt like I was made a fool of and have left unfinished business. I lost my way 32 years ago and saw a way to pick up the thread by staying at that program for the usual 10 days–or maybe longer. But they didn’t see it that way. I don’t like to think about how they looked at me, ive had other experiences lately telling me that I am getting “old and unattractive;” but I was a beautiful young woman when I landed in this city in Pennsylvania 32 years ago and I got destroyed. I was in the state hospital here for 2 years as a result.

Please pray for me for a resolution to these specific conflicts within the “big picture” of my life that I am trying to work out.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Prayers for you.

St. Dymphna please intercede for you!

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,

Hallowed be Thy Name.

Thy Kingdom come.

Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal (cloudsurfer
). You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into cloudsurfer
's body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Praying for you.

Hail Mary!

Jesus, Help Me Prayer

In every need let me come
to You with humble trust, saying:
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities,
and temptations:
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness,
weariness, and trials:
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and
hopes, in disappointments,
troubles, and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!

When others fail me,
and Your grace alone
can assist me:
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself
on Your tender Love
as a Father and Savior:
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast
down by failure, at seeing
no good come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient,
and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!

When I am ill, and my head
and hands cannot work and I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness,
falls, and shortcomings of every kind:

Jesus, help me and never forsake me. – Amen

Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes

Loving God, You are always near to us, especially when
we are weak, suffering, and vulnerable. Reach out
to those who experience mental illness. Lift their burdens,
calm their anxiety, and quiet their fears. Surround them
with your healing presence so that they may know that
they are not alone. We ask this through the intercession
of Our Lady of Lourdes and in the name of your Son, Jesus,
for whom nothing is impossible. Amen.

Lord please help this woman… give her the strength to gain control of her life. In our name, Jesus amen!

This topic was automatically closed after 10 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.