Sexual Relations

Is oral sex between elderly husband and wife ever acceptable?

No. Oral relations between anyone is considered disordered.

Did you want to elaborate on the question at all?

The answer is the same for young, old, and in between:

Use of hands, mouth, etc, to stimulate and *prepare *for intercourse is fine.

Use of hands, mouth, etc, to *replace *intercourse is disordered and a sin against the sixth commandment.

1ke has the right answer. He gets 100% grade. An A+. Well done.

My understansing is that oral sex is acceptable as long as the sexual act culminates in vaginal intercourse.

[quote="1ke, post:3, topic:204824"]
The answer is the same for young, old, and in between:

Use of hands, mouth, etc, to stimulate and *prepare *for intercourse is fine.

Use of hands, mouth, etc, to *replace *intercourse is disordered and a sin against the sixth commandment.

[/quote]

I have looked into this, because due to medical issues, my wife and I can no longer have intercourse. The answers I got are well-summarized by 1ke. There are quite a few other threads where this has been discussed if you want to find out more of the theology and background references.

Here are some threads on this topic from my subscription list, but you should do your own search, since there may be better ones for you out there:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=444759
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=438804
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=358271
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=405518
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=146430

Praying for us all,
- curl

Thanks for all the replies. I understand the moral position and will refrain from the practice.

March

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.