Sexual sins and procrastination

I am an 18-year-old who has long had problems with sexual sins, procrastination and indecision. The latter two (for that matter, the former to an extent) has meant I am very behind in my school work. Please pray that God will help me to overcome these temptations and habits.

Praying hard.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom to overcome your temptations.

May God help you avoid temptation and give you the concentration needed to get caught up with your school work.

God bless,
Mary.

Man, I will pray that you get your act together. Procrastination has killed more careers than any other sin. If you think it’s a problem to fall behind in schoolwork, wait until the boss calls you in because you’re not getting your paid work done.

Do what you need to do to overcome the procrastination. The ‘sexual sins’ occur because you procrastinate. They’re a way to engage yourself that distracts from your responsibilities.

Get yourself organized. Talk to a school counselor, talk to a psychologist counselor. Find a schoolwork coach, or a homework club.

I had to claw my way out of lifelong debilitating procrastination. You can, too. :slight_smile:

:signofcross: Heavenly Father, give wisdom and strength to JDNaman, so that he will accomplish his studies in an appropriate and timely fashion; help him to overcome his sexual sins through your power and help him to learn and understand his academic materials!!!

Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

(I find that taking a long walk and praying the rosary on that walk helps me overcome those sexual thoughts)

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Amen.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Amen.

Praying that the Lord may enable you to break free from these temptations and habits. Also praying for all necessary graces for you.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Praying for your intention.

Hi JDNaman :slight_smile:

I hope you don’t mind if I share some things that I believe may help you.

I would like to start by recommending meditation on Jesus’ Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane (Garden/Mount of Olives) as on of Jesus’ promises to this, given to Saint Pio - San Giovanni Rotondo, was total and final victory over the worst temptation to which they are subjected. 1965 + imprimatur: Marcario, Bishop - February 23 - November - 1963 mt-of-olives.blogspot.com.au/

http://s4.postimg.org/55fqrs88d/Christ_praying.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/pmeu14f13/jesus_in_the_mount_of_olives.jpg

Please continue to next post -

And the following I believe is helpful for those we may ever be tempted into thinking about ‘giving up’ with fight against sin.

How to Pray the Rosary

How to Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

And I would just like to end with the following for despair over sin -

I hope this has helped

I apologise for the length

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Amen.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.