sexuality

To-whom it may concern. Ive just finished reading thru posts and find most of what I see unbelievable at least. It saddens me severely that Catholics have such a bad image of gays-in fact Catholics sadden me as much as it saddens me that I am technically one too. After 6 months recovering from a mental breakdown, caused by trying to stay “in grace”, I find nothing but anger in my heart at the “laws” that this church forces its members to abide by to attain the possibility of eventually possibly getting to Heaven. Where is the love? why are we here if not to live-why do Catholics want everyone to be miserable in life on the assumption that they will find happiness afterwards? Where does the bible specify homosexuality is wrong-natural law? a law laid down by the majority of hetrosexual control freaks. Is not Catholicism all about control-it always makes me laugh that whatever, Catholics are always right, always have THE answer. For any gays who are unsure as to Catholicism-just be yourself, abide by the laws of your nation-spread love-be happy-ok :slight_smile:

Is someone forcing you to be Catholic? —KCT

no-one forces me to be anything any more-I just pity the poor guys still battling between humanity and religion-the catholic catecism is a manual of cruelty to mankind.

1 Corinthians 6:7-11

Now indeed it is, in any case, a failure on your part that you have lawsuits against one another. Why not rather put up with injustice? Why not rather inflict injustice and cheat? Instead you inflict injustice and cheat, and this to brothers. Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God. That is what some of you used to be; but now you have had yourselves washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Well if the Catechism allowed homosexuality, then I would find another religion. If the Catechism is not to your liking, why do you care? Why don’t you try a religion that appeases you? Just curious that’s all.

call me stupid-but where in this does it say-“thou shalt not be gay?”

I agree that homosexual behavior is against the Bible and Church teaching but I do sense an unnecessary hatred of gays in general and I believe the Church spends to much time on what two people do in the privacy of their own bedroom. It may be a sin but I just don’t feel it is the ultimate cause of all that is wrong in the world.

Could you give us an example fo this cruelty?

I dont sense any hatered of those who engage in homosexual behavior. I sense a lor of displeasure with those who try and convince the Church and its memebers that is nothing wrong with Homosexula beahavior. It is one thing to sin-quite another to try and convince others that Sin is not sin at all.

you know Catholics are not the only ones that hold the view that homosexuality is wrong…Jews and Muslims do too.

Umm … what part of ‘neither fornicators (those who indulge in premarital sex) … nor adulterers … nor sodomites … shall inherit the kingdom of heaven’ do you not comprehend?

Seems that 90% of homosexuals would fit into one of those categories … as do 90% of heterosexuals as well of course. Are the churchmen who made these laws and required celibacy of THEMSELVES as well being purely control freaks? Doubt it.

For that matter what part of ‘be fruitful and multiply’ that God said to Adam and Eve in Genesis applies to you? How can homosexuals fulfil this first EVER command of God to man?

I’m happily Catholic and have SSA. I wouldn’t defend homosexuality in any way, except that we exist and we choose either sin or not and can’t force Church teaching on them, only let them know.

No one is “forcing” anything on them…but they sure like to “force” things on us non-gays:mad:

See a lot of the time the Catholic Church defined doctrines because they are not found in the bible. The doctrines that can be derived from the Bible are mainly the key elements of the faith that needed to be known in the early Church. God who is infinitely wise, gave us the Church magestirium to guide us in faith and morals for the rest of Time.

So… If you are Catholic and you know why we believe the Church
has the authority that it has. The Church simply stating that homosexuality is wrong is just as good as anything that could be found in the Bible.

Rememer its Scripture AND Tradition.

God Bless…

Agreed. its ionly been the last 30 ywars or so that we suddenly started seeing new improved interpretations of Scripture that lo and behold supported homosexualtiy as being OK! So we are left with two choices . Either who read scripture for the last 2,000 years AND every major Faith in existence has gotten it all worng OR someone is trying to rationalize sinful behavior.

A lot of Christians do more then point out their beleifs and opinions, they do tend to try and force things upon others. Many Christians think that everything should go by what our religion teaches soley, some things are just morally right and understandable, like no to abortion, but others aren’t. It drives me crazy that whole pro-gay stuff, especially when I lived in California, they do think that everything should be their way and if it doesn’t it is biased and prejudice reason why not and make themselves seem as under attack. Just rediculous how far they go…

well-fornication-not applicable for unmarried gays.
adulterers-(see above)
sodomites…so according to church law gay is ok if we leave out the bottom sex thing.
LOL-this is an argument without end, but just to emphasise-Im arguing the fact that church law/scriptue/catecism can do a lot of mental harm to people-believe or be damned etc etc-leave it out guys!

You have that backwards. Their Sin causes them a lot of mental harm. it is an act of love to draw them away from their sin

Where does it say “Thou shall not run naked through the Piggly Wiggly” but common sense tells us it is Wrong! It is not a hatered of gays but I, like many others here, LOVE the person HATE the sin. It is wrong for anyone but a married MAN and Woman to engage in any sex act. Plain and simple.

Excuse me for not being absolutely clear - fornication refers to any sex where both partners are unmarried - to each other or anyone else. So yes it applies to gays.

As for adultery - you know as well as I do that a lot of gays do in fact marry heterosexually at one point or another, therefore when they take partners of the same sex they are in fact breaking their marital vows and being adulterers.

I feel for your mental harm - truly - but telling a drug addict or compulsive gambler that what they’re doing is wrong often causes them mental harm too. You think they don’t go through the most harrowing struggles to try to cease their behaviour? Do you think they don’t often fail as well?

Do you suggest that we then stop telling people that drugs or gambling are wrong?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.