Shadow of death

I claim that I sometimes see on people’s faces a sort of shadow. I find that once I see it, they’re either running out of time and they haven’t got long to live, or a life threatening illness is not far down the track, if they haven’t got it already.

I think people don’t believe me, but I also think that finally a public figure has demonstrated what I’m talking about. Whenever I see Michael Jackson’s latest video or film appearances, this shadow seems to be hanging around him. It’s quite visible to me.

I’m just curious if anybody else has noticed this, assuming this post ever sees the light of debate on the forum?

I used to think the term, “the shadow of death”, was a mere literary device, but I now wonder if it was a hangover from earlier ages when death was more common, and people were a bit more spiritual.

My dear friend

I think there s nothing supernatural here. I don’t think anyone as ever had a gift like this. It’s your imagination I think. Certainly the supernatural is real and can occur in many ways though.

God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

I would take this up with a priest or two in a calm and articulate way. Peace, Tim

Actually, I thought that the shadow of death referred to the state of one’s soul, not one’s imminent physical demise.

e.g from the Canticle of Zechariah (Luke chapter 1):

“In the tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the way of peace.”

It’s not imagination. I see it all right. Why I don’t know, but I do.

I’ve had heaps of experiences such as my father turning up in my room the night he died (several kilometres away). He started with an apology, we argued and conversed, and at the end he gave a terrifying scream and then promptly disappeared.

That’s the only one of that sort I might add.

There’s been a number of other things. This shadow is just one of them. I’ll probably see it on my own face one day.

I just wondered if others see it.

I’ve seen shadows. It takes a long time to discern this type of thing with the help of the Church and possibly Dr.s. Don’t have your mind set on what it is exactly. It could be a number of things. I would take spiritual precautions along with medical advice, but one day as you gather up all the opinions of what it is, you are going to have to make a decision in faith. My priest always says to me, “you may not get all the answers in this life”. God Bless, Tim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.