Sharia Law comes to Dearborn!

answeringmuslims.com/2009/07/special-report-sharia-comes-to-dearborn.html

That’s how Muslims treat Christians under Sharia Law.

And to confirm that, read this: forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=5203124&postcount=1

Wow - thank you for this link.

I’ve seen this as soon as it happened. It’s been the talk of many citizens here in NY.

You don’t see any of this during Saint Gennaro’s Feast in NY.

I will leave it at that.

dang i live a half hour from there…

Eucharisted, where is the entire thread for this post… I guess I missed it… :shrug:

Weakness brings about grave dangers.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=5203124

Can someone tell me where is Sharia Law in that video ? is blocking the camera Sharia
Law ??

Hadi,
Under Sharia law, would I be permitted to openly distribute Christian material to passersby on the street?
Jon

yes,but it was an Islamic festival ,do it on another day or another place…I don’t think people in the Church would be happy seeing me enter their church every sunday and disturb their worship and distribute to them Islamic materials …right ?

Are saying yes, I could distribute Christian materials under Sharia law? :confused:
Can you name me a country under Sharia law that allows this?

but it was an Islamic festival ,do it on another day or another place…I don’t think people in the Church would be happy seeing me enter their church every sunday and disturb their worship and distribute to them Islamic materials …right?

You make a ridiculous comparison to equate a festival on public streets to a Church service inside a Church.
I will not question that it may be somewhat insensitive to distribute Christian materials at an Islamic festival, but in America under American free speech rights, people have every right to distribute and evangelize on public streets. Simply because it is an Islamic festival does not trump basic individual rights in the Constitution. I would not try to restrict you from distributing religious material at, say, a St. Patrick’s Day parade.

Jon

there is no country today that runs on Sharia Islamic…period.

so do you assure me that I would not get harassed or received negative reaction if I distribute Islamic materials …anywhere ?

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Are you serious when you say this? There is no one country that is under Sharia law? Not Afghanistan, Iran, neither Saudi Arabia, nor Morocco? :rolleyes:

In Christ,
Andrew

how many sharia laws should be used to label a country a Sharia run country ?

:rolleyes:
If I tried to distribute Christian literature in most in Islam-majority countries of the world today, I’d either end up dead or in prison. There may be pockets of Christians who are allowed to practice their faith in some of these countries, but they sure can’t evangelize.

so do you assure me that I would not get harassed or received negative reaction if I distribute Islamic materials …anywhere?

Rest assure you would be harassed and you would get a negative reaction. But you do have the right to do it. Let’s put it this way, you doing it in Irish Catholic Boston on St. Patrick’s Day might not be smart, but it would be legal. Me doing it in Tehran or even Riyadh would never be smart or legal.

Jon

Jon NC: I saw no indication from the video that this was advertised as an “Islamic” festival. Did I miss something that you didn’t? I thought that the narrator said it was an “Arab” festival…and of course, Arabs are not just Muslim, but also 20+ million Christians! Especially in the United States, where they are the majority (65%-70%). If there is anywhere where someone should feel welcome distributing Christian literature among Arabs (which is not what these people were doing in the first place), it is the USA!

Hadi: It is interesting that you ask this question about how many laws there must be for a country to be properly called “Sharia-governed”. Honestly, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter, as I have often wondered this very question myself after getting into discussions with Muslims here and elsewhere who try to shut down conversations on some uncomfortable topics surrounding human rights in the Islamic countries by claiming that there are no “Islamic” countries to begin with, so nothing that goes on anywhere in the Muslim world can actually be the responsibility of Islam (unless it’s a good thing, of course, then alhamdulillaah!). I do not buy this argument for a second, but maybe you can explain better to me what an “Islamic” country would be, and how I (a non-Muslim) would know whether or not to trust the claims of the countries that openly state that they are governed by the principles of the Qur’an like the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, or the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

I stand corrected. I negligently continued with Hadi’s characterization, here:

**but it was an Islamic festival ,**do it on another day or another place…I don’t think people in the Church would be happy seeing me enter their church every sunday and disturb their worship and distribute to them Islamic materials …right?

If there is anywhere where someone should feel welcome distributing Christian literature among Arabs (which is not what these people were doing in the first place), it is the USA!

I agree.

Jon

You would be no more harassed than JW’s or Mormons in St. Louis.

the problem with these supposedly Sharia-run countries , is picking some Sharia laws and ignoring other Sharia laws…for example,a Sharia law requires an election for the head of the state,that is not found in most of these countries…or applying Sharia laws to the poor and weak and not to the rich and powerful…or not providing a proper court to someone accused of breaking a law

another thing is ,according to what school of Figh the Sharia laws were derived from,Hanbli , Shaffi, Hanifi , Malki for Sunnis or Imami for Shias…these schools have some times different opinions on the same subject even between the same school itself…

also another thing is ,the Sharia laws were always evolving from time to time , for example ,if you read the discussions of the students of Imam Shaffi ,they sometimes critcized their Imam’s opinions and explain their reasoning between themselves and nother school’s students…also, the Caliph Omar waived the punishment of the theft in a year of famine

so my thought is,
some laws are applied when they shouldn’t be and some are not applied when they should be applied…
and the belief that one school of Figh is valid while the others not valid…
and some laws didn’t evolve but stuck at a different time of a different society and circumstances,

Smoke. Why can’t you condemn the despicable actions of your fellow Muslims in that video? Its the same old story, the same old song and dance…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.