Sharing Jesus Without Fear

Is anyone familiar with the work of Evangelist Bill Fay and his series titled “Sharing Jesus Without Fear”?

I have some friends who are using this for a bible study class and wonder if it is appropriate for Catholics to use.

Thank you! joe

That’s what the sacrament of confirmation is for, so that we can proclaim the name of Jesus without even fear of death. That’s the whole point of confirmation.

Bill Fay is a graduate of Denver Seminary which is not Catholic. His speaking engagements lists mostly Baptist Churches as well as significant work with Calvary Chapel.

I would recommend the study of the Book of Acts of the Apostles by Jeff Cavins/Great Adventure. It covers the explosive growth of the early Church and how the early Christians proclaimed Jesus’ name without fear in the midst of tremendous persecution. Every single one of us are equipped and commissioned to do the same through the sacrament of confirmation - that’s the whole point of confirmation.

-Tim-

Tim,

looks like a great book! That is an excellent recommendation!

Thank you!

Well, slow down, because it is not a book but part of a Bible Study series, and the DVD’s are expensive, in some cases over $200.

Our parish buys the DVD’s which get circulated and shared throughout the various study groups. The parish also purchases the study guides but the individual study members pay for these themselves. The study guides range from $25 to $50 each. Studies range from 12 to 24 weeks.

I have personally hosted many of these studies in my home for over four years. They are excellent, but there is some investment involved, both financial and in terms of time and effort. I recommend approaching your pastor and seeing if he will sponsor the DVD purchases and provide logistics for ordering and distribution of the study guides. This has worked well in our parish. The Great Adventure organization will work with you - they flew two people to our parish who trained the facilitators. They are wonderful to work with.

Even if you don’t go this way, I hope you find what you are looking for. I would say to look at the great preachers of the Catholic faith and there you will likely find your answer. Look to St. Anthony of Padua and similar preachers of renown.

-Tim-

I haven’t heard of him. But that is a great title for a book study class I wouldn’t call it “Bible” Study though. I would say its ok to read non-Catholic material but better be strong in your Catholic faith or you will most likely be misinformed with inaccurate information.

There are so many good Catholic Bible studies and books for that matter. If cost is a problem here are some links that are free:

agapebiblestudy.com/Agape_Bible_Studies_Menu.php
ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=7046&T1=Patrick+Madrid
ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?SeriesID=-306548622&T1=
sundayscripturestudy.com/lent_advent.html

salvationhistory.com/studies/lesson/supper_given_for_you_the_old_testament_story_of_sacrifice

ewtn.com/vlibrary/search2.asp?pgnu=10&version=TXT&fldlibrary=PATRISTC&afterdate=&author=&keyword=&code=&search_type=contains&recentadd=

biblechristiansociety.com/download

Good luck. Peace 2 u.

Tim & peace,

Thank you so much for your replies!

God bless! joe

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.