She waited on Him/them

Simon Peter’s mother-in-law was ill with a fever.

In The Gospel According to Matthew, Chapter 9 Verse 15 states:
Jesus touched her hand, the fever left her, and she rose and waited on him.

In The Gospel According to Mark, Chapter 1 Verse 30-31 states:
They immediately told Jesus about her.
He approached, grasped her hand, and helped her up. Then the fever left her and she waited on them (Jesus, Simon and Andrew, With James and John).

Please explain about who Simon’s mother-in-law waited on.

I have always heard it as “them”. I believed she hosted her son in law and his friends, one of which happened to be the Son of God who had just saved her life.

You already answered your question: she waited on Jesus and the disciples who were with Him in Peter’s house.

Is it because Mt 8:15 uses the singular “served Him” and Mk 1:31 has the plural “served them”?
If so, you’ll note Matthew’s narrative is just centered on Jesus alone so uses the singular. He does not include those who were with Our Lord.
Mark includes those who were with Jesus - thus the plural.

It’s really nice to have more than one Gospel. A fuller, more complete picture can be gotten by combining all the information revealed in the various Gospels.

The first is actually Matthew 8:15

Here is the note from NABRE:

• [8:14–15] Cf. Mk 1:29–31. Unlike Mark, Matthew has no implied request by others for the woman’s cure. Jesus acts on his own initiative, and the cured woman rises and waits not on “them” (Mk 1:31) but on him.

The bold is not mine, but rather it was in the note as written. In this case, it is Jesus she waits on.

Luke 438-39 (Very similar to Mark 1:29-31)
The Cure of Simon’s Mother-in-Law.
38 After he left the synagogue, he entered the house of Simon.* Simon’s mother-in-law was afflicted with a severe fever, and they interceded with him about her. 39 He stood over her, rebuked the fever, and it left her. She got up immediately and waited on them.

Both Luke and Mark indicate she waited on all of them who had come along with Jesus, I presume.

Why do you ask? The Gospels often have slightly different details, but they are still inspired and inerrent because the truths they are revealing are inerrent.It isn’t about a word by word comparison, but about the lessons that are taught to us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.