Shes Back........

buzzflash.com/contributors/05/05/con05166.html Read and weep for our lost brothers and sisters.

…well, there’s always…

mirror-uk-th2.gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/maths/knot-hangmans-noose-black-backdrop-orange-nylon-rope-1-AJHD.jpg

Sickening and pathetic drivel.
Whiney cry baby malcontents.
Don’t they realize that Rome will NEVER ACCEPT HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOUR??? :confused: :confused:
What is so hard to understand about that? Why don’t they just find a religion that accepts their behaviour and leave us alone!
We like our religion like it is. Get over it!! No one says you have to stay. Get out if you don’t like it.

And they plan to make a rainbow sash protest!! Throw them out on their butts! Call in the KofC! How dare they make a stupid statement like that during a mass!!

And another thing! You can’t impose your dumb morality on my religion. You don’t tell the Church what it believes! That IS separation of Church and State! Works both ways honey.
Shheeesh! :cool:

The irony is the church and those she disdains are doing more for her, thru prayer, then she knows.

She just doesn’t get it does she? I’m still shaking my head.

Why do they allow such an open dissenter to be an Extraordinary Minister? I wouldn’t want to take Communion from someone who rejects the Church.

Lisa N

Would it be petty of me to bypass the completely ridiculous article and just criticize her artwork? Because really…it’s awful…

What I don’t understand is how come so many people separate the Church from Jesus and God.

On many of the ‘dissent’ issues, no one can actually put together a resaonable argument in favor of the dissenting position. Most of the dissenters seem to rely on appeals to secular philosophy. This is fine for secularists. But for Catholics to rely on it is really quite silly.

Peace.

[quote=theTaxCollector]What I don’t understand is how come so many people separate the Church from Jesus and God.

On many of the ‘dissent’ issues, no one can actually put together a resaonable argument in favor of the dissenting position. Most of the dissenters seem to rely on appeals to secular philosophy. This is fine for secularists. But for Catholics to rely on it is really quite silly.

Peace.
[/quote]

Bravo and right on the money Tax. When homosexual activists or woman priest wannabes try to argue for their ‘rights’ they NEVER use any kind of scriptural basis. They start pulling out the latest supreme court decision or pronouncement from the ACLU. Does it occur to them that if you are making a religious argument it should be from a religious basis to be compelling to religious people?

Lisa N

[quote=Lisa N] Does it occur to them that if you are making a religious argument it should be from a religious basis to be compelling to religious people?
Lisa N
[/quote]

I don’t think she has any intention of writing to the religious people in the form of argument. She wants to hear her own voice. She is appealing to the other dissenters. It is their church, “the church of dissent”, and they would be thrilled if the rest of us would get out of the way.

“Susan Lersch is a part-time Roman Catholic Eucharistic Minister and Minister of Care.”

Which position does she occupy only part-time? Is she a part-time Roman Catholic? A part-time Eucharistic Minister? What is a Minister of Care?

Does anyone know which diocese she lives “serves” in?

You know, as a gay Catholic, I need to say a few words.

I love my Church and would never consider leaving. I would never think of bringing a protest to a church to disrupt the Sacrifice of the Mass. When a dear friend (of 30 some years) of mine asked a few weeks ago how I could stay in such a church, and told me that I would be better off joining the Episcopal Church, my reply was “the fullness of the sacraments.” (meant nothing to her, but that is what I feel in my heart).

As for Ridesawhitehors’ post, the bit about church and state…

it’s my feeling that all unions of whatever nature should be handled by the state. Then, if a traditional couple wish to marry each other, they may do that in the Church.

I don’t want to start a war, I just wanted to say a few things that I hope come across as charitable, as they are from my heart. Thanks for reading.

You know I really cant stand these people who continually try to change the doctrine of the Church. When are they going to learn that it can’t change?

chuffle,
God bless you, he has given you a large and heavy cross to bare, and I hope that you bare it well.

[quote=Elizabeth B.]Which position does she occupy only part-time? Is she a part-time Roman Catholic? A part-time Eucharistic Minister? What is a Minister of Care?

Does anyone know which diocese she lives “serves” in?
[/quote]

Chicago I think.

o my…o my…o my…

I just wanted to point out her quote on "womens rights."
She was talking about Kerry and his stance on abortion, although she didn’t refer to it as abortion, but womens rights. I wonder if the unborn baby girls who are aborted have rights, just like their mothers, who, sad to say, are murdering them, have so called "rights."
God Bless,

Justin

[quote=Sgt Sweaters]Would it be petty of me to bypass the completely ridiculous article and just criticize her artwork? Because really…it’s awful…
[/quote]

Not at all. Not any more petty than me, anyway. I was hoping to find a photo of her so I could see if she was ugly enough to make some snipes at her that way. :eek:

Instead I found that god-awful “artwork” she does. My third grader puts out more sophisticated stuff than that! For those who can put up with a few crude language and some gratuitous making-fun of children’s artwork that look a lot like hers, check out Maddox’s site. I was just rereading his posts with critique for the children’s drawings and imagining what he would say about hers?

If she displays that artwork so proudly yet has no photo of herself, then maybe my suspiciouns were right! This woman is angry at God. She’s a no-talent loser.

Alan

Pray for the woman, and I too want to know how she is a Eucharistic Minister and charged with the care of the sick:confused: . I didn’t even see the artwork after working through the article. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=Shellac]buzzflash.com/contributors/05/05/con05166.html Read and weep for our lost brothers and sisters.
[/quote]

I stopped reading the first article (Why You Don’t Leave), the one where she apologized for Pope Benedict and “the damage he has caused”, right when she said that she “was a priest”.

She has completely missed the point of our faith and, IMHO, the train in general. She is a couple of bricks short of a load, i.e., calling herself a “woman minister” simply because she is involved in a ministry. (I have to say that this is EXACTLY why I am against lay involvement…because of nutcases like her who think that because they like the art and the tradition of Catholicism that they are actually Catholics.) What is it about the Eucharist that she likes? Granted, I stopped reading due to health reasons, but I didn’t see a mention of the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the world.

Please, please Pope Benedict: Spare us from her ilk.

ps: About the “art”: I hope she has a day job.

[quote=slinky1882]Pray for the woman, and I too want to know how she is a Eucharistic Minister and charged with the care of the sick:confused: . I didn’t even see the artwork after working through the article. Thanks and God Bless.
[/quote]

If she is the one caring for the sick, her very presence might ensure she will always have a job.

[quote=condan]What is it about the Eucharist that she likes?
[/quote]

I can only speculate.

Is it the power trip it gives her? She is handling something that she knows is held sacred by many others?

Then again, maybe she’s so much holier than the rest of us that her handling the Eucharist makes sure it’s really blessed just in case the priest didn’t do it right. The “actual” priest is still male, so I don’t figure we want to place our trust in him.

Why do I still want to see a photo of her? She must be ugly as sin.

Alan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.