Shifts are driving me insane

Shifts are driving me insane. This week i have seen my husband 15 minutes every day. he comes from work at 17:45 and i leave around 18:00 to work. I come home next day in the morning when he already left for work. To make it even worst this is my fertile week. But do we have a chance to profit from it? No way.

You would think that 12 hour shifts would give you more free days and more free time but you are either to tired to do anything or you are alone at home. Two weekend every month are gone. To ber honest we were doing many more things and much more traveling when I was working normally.

can you change the situation?

unfortunately no
-we need the money
-since we are planing baby we can’t really afford to look for a new company and then discover i am pregnant (it will not be fair for teh new company)
-i need to work until i get pregnant in order to get the child help from state (procentage from salary)
-all IT jobs are unfortunatelly on shifts:(

I work weekends on my current reserve line from 0300AM to 1300PM. I work currently 4 on, 3 off on my line which is bid on seniority. You must have seniority to bid weekends off. I must admit it is tough on my faith. After working ten hours on Saturday and Sunday in a city with few churches that have evening masses, it is difficult to make mass every Sunday. My job can be incredibly stressful and I am responsible for the safety of many people. If I make a mistake, people can get hurt or get killed. I understand how you feel. I have little time to do a lot of social things. i basically work and sleep.

you two should never be apart long enough to feel you've lost eithers support.That is a decision you both have to deside upon.If you haven't got time enough even to talk about try writing or calling each other.There are times when two people really need each other So you must find some time for each other.

[quote="valentino, post:5, topic:236035"]
you two should never be apart long enough to feel you've lost eithers support.That is a decision you both have to deside upon.If you haven't got time enough even to talk about try writing or calling each other.There are times when two people really need each other So you must find some time for each other.

[/quote]

We have each other's support. The problem is that we don't have time to make a baby. We are taking the vitamins, respecting the doctor's indication on determining the fertile period, we are not drinking alcohool, we are doing everything except the actual "action" in the right days. We always miss the right days before of crazy shifting. And the idea of making a baby in the 15 minutes between shifts, in rush and thinking that i have to go to work after that is also not very appealing. :D and i doubt we will have time.

And yes, we would like more time togheter, seeing your huband 15 minutes everyday it's not very nice.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.