Shoes of Fisherman on TBN (!)

And it's the LBX (widescreen, i.e., original theatrical aspect ratio), which I have never seen before. Shoes of Fisherman is merely a very-good movie in its standard pan-and-scan VHS format, but seeing it widescreen makes it an excellent movie. :thumbsup:

(Can someone out there turn on their local TBN, whatever channel it is, and verify that I'm not making this up? Thanks.)

[quote="havana1, post:1, topic:204989"]
And it's the LBX (widescreen, i.e., original theatrical aspect ratio), which I have never seen before. Shoes of Fisherman is merely a very-good movie in its standard pan-and-scan VHS format, but seeing it widescreen makes it an excellent movie. :thumbsup:

(Can someone out there turn on their local TBN, whatever channel it is, and verify that I'm not making this up? Thanks.)

[/quote]

Yes, it is on right now. Also online at tbn.org/

Yup - I saw it listed too. It did surprise me some to see it there. Though I must admit to having watched several good "bible" movies on TBN.

Peace
James

This may be a shock, but not only are there good Bible movies on TBN late at night, there is sometimes Catholic programming and "Catholic" movies. It probably depends on which affiliate you're watching. I saw "The Nun's Story" on TBN. From time to time an EWTN show even turns up there. While channel surfing one morning, one of the televangelists was hosting a talk program with a Trappist author.

I heart practically jumped out of my chest when I saw it on the guide. So I immediately tuned in and watched with a smile on my face. :)

Wow. That would be a shock to me. Most of the stuff I see on TBN is always this “prosperity gospel” junk. :rolleyes::frowning:

[quote="Holly3278, post:6, topic:204989"]
Wow. That would be a shock to me. Most of the stuff I see on TBN is always this "prosperity gospel" junk. :rolleyes::(

[/quote]

The trick is to stay away from any "evangelical" shows - preaching etc. Just look for movies. These are generally ones that have not been produced by TBN bur rather purchased by them for airing.

I'd like to see a bit more of this on EWTN, but I suppose their budget / mission statement / long term planning is not in this direction as much.

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.